Author Topic: Is the Roland APC-33 mount compatible with Alesis Strike Multipad ?  (Read 1220 times)

Title pretty much covers it. Just wonder if anyone has used it successfully
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 06:32:15 AM by Hexdebt »

Offline Chaser

Re: Is the Roland APC-33 mount compatible with Alesis Strike Multipad ?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 11:38:47 AM »
Title pretty much covers it. Just wonder if anyone has used it successfully

These type of mounts are Universal for a majority of the modules/samplepads etc..
It's too bad "whoever's" decision to make the modules themselves  1/2 Vesa of one size and 1/2 another (Vesa 70mm x 70mm...100mm x 100mm)

Alesis Plastic/Gibraltar Aluminum mounts..
Hole spacing dimensions 2-3/4″ (70mm) x 3-15/16″ (100mm)

Roland doesn't publish the size but you can see in a number of customer reviews everywhere for the APC-33 and the Alesis or Gibraltar being used on multiple Brands check reviews on  Amazon
The APC-33 mount is being used on everything from Alesis to Roland to KAT.The main complaint is no screws are included which is understandable as they don't want the liability..Alesis uses longer screws than Roland and I have seen many not paying attention and using too long a screw into the electronics and you know the result....a KAT owner mentioned the plate size was too big...some of the modules/multipads are recessed for mounting..
The screws are usually M5..same as metric rack mounting..length varies...x8mm..10mm..x12mm..x16mm etc depending on the thickness of the mount..and where the actual threading starts in the module.
You can clip off the end of a Q-tip and stick it in the mounting hole to determine/measure when you hit something without damaging any electronics.

I don't know your overall plan..mounting to existing cymbal.. on a rack..or Free standing.

There are other options than the Roland..and much cheaper..you can pickup the Gibraltar mount and clamp for around $40.00 USD..shop around..

Compare the APC-33 to Gibraltar Mount and clamps

Gibraltar SC-EMMP

Gibraltar Clamp  SC-PUGC

Gibraltar Clamp  SC-UGC 

COMBOS/VALUE BUNDLES

Gibraltar SC-EA100 + Gibraltar SC-EMMP

Gibraltar SC-EMARM + Gibraltar SC-EMMP

Gibraltar 6713E + Gibraltar SC-EMMP

EDIT:
and of course the  Alesis Multipad Mounting with Boom-arm
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 09:34:36 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 02:40:04 AM »
Thanks for the reply
A music store going out of business gave me a good deal so I went with the Roland. I've got the alesis screws & from your info I'll measure the holes first and go with the M5 screws if need be.
Thanks again

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 05:30:33 AM »
Update: Mounted and performing without issue using the Alesis screws provided with the module.