Author Topic: Is a DM Lite foot controller compatable with the Strike Multipad ?  (Read 1749 times)

Hi everyone
First post & first question.
I've got a Multipad on the way and found someone selling a new still in box Alesis foot controller for the bass drum.
I've managed to figure out it's from a DM Lite kit as the sensor is in the pedal as opposed to the other kits that use a traditional tower sensor.
Any thoughts or help appreciated.

Offline Chaser

Re: Is a DM Lite foot controller compatable with the Strike Multipad ?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 01:02:45 PM »
Hi everyone
First post & first question.
I've got a Multipad on the way and found someone selling a new still in box Alesis foot controller for the bass drum.
I've managed to figure out it's from a DM Lite kit as the sensor is in the pedal as opposed to the other kits that use a traditional tower sensor.
Any thoughts or help appreciated.

The pedal for a DM Lite kit is a special version of the DM Hat.
The DM Hat is a switch type on/off pedal..fixed velocity.
Tower type are Piezo and require a kick pedal with a beater and produces variable velocity hits.
The difference between the DM Lite version from the standard DM Hat is the the jack is 3.5mm (1/8")while the standard DM Hat is 6.35mm 1/4".
The jacks on a STRIKE Multipad are 6.35mm (1/4") so in order to use the DM Lite pedal you would need a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter..like a headphone adapter.

Check with Instrumental parts for the 1021700870-A and see if it is a 6.35mm (1/4") jack..I can't tell by the pic as it only shows one image...the pedal is only $30.00 there and they have flat rate shipping..the pedals on ebay are getting high priced with shipping..There have been numerous versions of the DM Hat and Real Hat Pedal pedal over the years.(well over 10 years)..mainly the top pedal changed and the jack size.. and the prices have been all over the place...it's usually the same pedal with a newer part number when a newer kit comes out..and the older part number becomes obsolete and the price goes up.
You'll see a number of the pedals with different part numbers in the Alesis Spare Parts on the Instrumentalparts site..you can also check spare parts per kit.

Dm Lite (102170069-A)

DM Hat (1021700870-A)

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 01:14:51 PM »
Hey thanks but this enquiry is in reference to the kick controller. Here's another image

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 01:34:22 PM »
Hey thanks but this enquiry is in reference to the kick controller. Here's another image

The DM Hat is the same pedal for the open/closed Hi Hat and switch type Kick drum..always has been.
Alesis just put Kick on the bottom on some of the later as people would get confused why they had 2 Hi Hat pedals
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 01:36:21 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 01:36:24 PM »
So any idea if it'll work ?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 01:54:23 PM »
So any idea if it'll work ?

DM Hat pedals work fine...either in the foot control inputs or T1..make sure T1 is set to switch..it will not work in the T2-T5.
The downside of a switch type is it uses a small tab for the switching and if you ride the pedal or high BPM it may double trigger..

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 01:59:21 PM »
Awesome
The listing said it has a 3.5mm jack but I have a few adapters so that should be fine.
Glad I found the forum

Offline Chaser

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2021, 02:47:30 PM »
There are multiple versions/images I checked out for both the DM Lite Kick and HH pedals..some show there is a rubber actuator so Alesis may have done away with the little tab that was flipped on the pedal travel down and instead may be using a softpot like the Realhat pedal..which also works for a kick drum.This would eliminate the little tab causing double triggering...It's hard to keep up with any changes as Alesis has been less than helpfull...period.There also multiple Retailers (especially ebay) selling different versions for the DM Lite and other kits using the same part number.

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2021, 03:02:58 PM »
Thanks for that
I have a Realhat pedal arriving shortly as well so I can compare and experiment. Pedal for the kick was only $20AUD so fingers crossed