Author Topic: amplification for drum  (Read 1257 times)

amplification for drum
« on: May 22, 2021, 01:52:05 PM »
Hi, I just bought 1 week ago a brand new alesis command drum kit and i have a P.A  (15 inch speaker) and (10 inch tweeter) but when i plug the drum on it the bass drum and other drum sound are pretty bab, or is the command module is not good to play with speaker??? because on earphone is sound good or i really need to buy a pa for electronic drum like the vdrum amp from roland or the one alesis strike amp 12 or 8. because i think to buy there flagship drum kit the strike pro 11 piece but if is sound like the command when i plug on my p.a or we really need a specific P.A to have a good soun.
Thanks and i hope to find the good P.A

Offline Chaser

Re: amplification for drum
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 11:19:11 AM »
Hi, I just bought 1 week ago a brand new alesis command drum kit and i have a P.A  (15 inch speaker) and (10 inch tweeter) but when i plug the drum on it the bass drum and other drum sound are pretty bab, or is the command module is not good to play with speaker??? because on earphone is sound good or i really need to buy a pa for electronic drum like the vdrum amp from roland or the one alesis strike amp 12 or 8. because i think to buy there flagship drum kit the strike pro 11 piece but if is sound like the command when i plug on my p.a or we really need a specific P.A to have a good soun.
Thanks and i hope to find the good P.A

Depends on a number of things.. Freq range and frequency response.. on paper.. is not conclusive enough on it's own..

Look for drum amps that are specifically Voiced for drums in the 20Hz - 30kHz range...majority of PA,keyboard,guitar,bass amps etc aren't in that range and the ones manufacturers claim are doesn't mean they sound very good...headphones also.You'll find quite a few of those don't work well or color the sound.
Most of the newer drum amps will be in the 50Hz -20Khz range like the Alesis etc...and specifically voiced for drums.
There are Topics and Reviews etc..use the search on the upper left or check the usual places for product reviews.. youtube..Amazon  etc.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 04:27:45 PM »
thanks for the info

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 06:19:59 PM »
It's a difficult decision unless you can hear the amp in person at a store (Guitar Center etc )..drum amps have come along way in the past couple years or so keep that in mind as some of the Simmons are 10 years old and weigh a ton.....the newer DA2012 gets high ratings  as does the STRIKE AMP 12.
The STRIKE AMP 8 I have seen mixed reviews..

ALESIS STRIKE AMP 12 2000-watt Powered Drum Amplifier

Here is a video where 65 Drums covers a lot the amps ..head phones..in ears etc..

My Favorite Drum Amps For Electronic Drums
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 08:02:16 PM by Chaser »