Author Topic: FD-9 with strike multipad help please!  (Read 1461 times)

FD-9 with strike multipad help please!
« on: April 08, 2021, 01:42:18 PM »
Hey all, I tried searching for this problem but can't find the answer I'm looking for. I'm trying to use a Roland FD-9 as a variable control hh pedal with the alesis strike multipad. Currently the alesis realhat works fine with chic sound, closed, semi open, open sounds. The FD-9 will not register a chic sound when I stomp on the pedal. I have tried the pedal as a switch for trigger 1 testing it as a kick pedal. That works. I can't get a chic to come through when it is used in the hh input assigned as a variable input. I have adjusted the open and closed settings. Does anyone have any insight?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 02:06:28 PM by MrBananas »

Re: FD-9 with strike multipad help please!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 02:59:55 PM »
For anyone wondering, I didn't end up getting them to work out of the box. My next thought is using something like an Edrumin 10 to host the pedal but I'm not certain how that would work with the SMP, or if it would allow me to continue to use hihat sync groups.... I would imagine I still could. Currently, I'm also working on getting an edge zone functioning on a cymbal with the SMP. My thought is to use Hellfires Velocity Switch Zone idea from http://www.hellfiredrums.com/alesis-dm10-pearl-redbox-velocity-switch-zone/

I think maybe if I figure out how the Alesis Real pedal transmits the chic sound I can replicate it via a modification to the Fd-9. I'll keep everyone updated