Author Topic: DM 10 Trigger  (Read 928 times)

DM 10 Trigger
« on: January 02, 2021, 10:58:35 PM »
Hi All,

I have an Alesis DM 10 set. Not sure which model but it's older and has the Mylar heads. I've noticed recently that the kick drum was losing volume. Tonight it stopped working altogether. I took it apart and one of the solder connections broke. I touched the wire to the trigger contact and it worked. Then I resoldered it. Now it doesn't work at all. Either the heat damaged it or I put solder where it doesn't belong. Can you tell me where I could get a replacement trigger ?

Sorry for lack of info if there is any, I'm not very familiar with E Kits.

Thanks,

Joe

Offline Chaser

Re: DM 10 Trigger
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 01:00:51 AM »
Hi All,

I have an Alesis DM 10 set. Not sure which model but it's older and has the Mylar heads. I've noticed recently that the kick drum was losing volume. Tonight it stopped working altogether. I took it apart and one of the solder connections broke. I touched the wire to the trigger contact and it worked. Then I resoldered it. Now it doesn't work at all. Either the heat damaged it or I put solder where it doesn't belong. Can you tell me where I could get a replacement trigger ?

Sorry for lack of info if there is any, I'm not very familiar with E Kits.

Thanks,

Joe

Red wire (+) should be soldered to the center/ceramic ...Black (-) to the brass..be careful not to get too hot and burn through the ceramic.

Piezos are cheap...Double check the size...I think the earlier Mylar ("Realhead" drums with metal reflection plate) were 27mm ( 1.06" inches) piezos for head and 35mm (1-3/8")piezos for Rim..
The kicks were single zone and should be 27mm..

Re: DM 10 Trigger
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 04:00:52 PM »
Thank You for the reply. I was able to order piezos cheap and it was an easy install. I don't think I can get notifications on this forum.