Author Topic: What to do with broken plate on center trigger Strike 14 inch snare  (Read 1499 times)

Emailed Alesis.....no response
Called cust service.....nobody answers.

I cant be the only one to have the problem from my research. Im even open to a DIY fix if someone has done so
I can 3D print the exact shape plate with more thickness

Steve in AZ

Re: What to do with broken plate on center trigger Strike 14 inch snare
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 08:55:50 AM »
I went through 3 snare plates within 6 months and they sent me new replacements during the warranty period, after that you're own your own.
I just started changing them out with internal side mounted triggers. Basically you remove the entire pad and use the existing wires. I left the rim trigger as is because it works well. You will still be able to use the sensitivity dial on the drum as well.
The side mount triggers are fairly reasonable online or you can make your own. I bought L brackets from home depot, piezo and trigger pads off of amazon.

Offline BobbyKidd

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 02:11:55 PM »
I went through 3 snare plates within 6 months and they sent me new replacements during the warranty period, after that you're own your own.
I just started changing them out with internal side mounted triggers. Basically you remove the entire pad and use the existing wires. I left the rim trigger as is because it works well. You will still be able to use the sensitivity dial on the drum as well.
The side mount triggers are fairly reasonable online or you can make your own. I bought L brackets from home depot, piezo and trigger pads off of amazon.

Hi, Happy New Year!

Can you provide pics and/or URLs to the parts you ordered on Amazon, so i know exactly what you did to modify the snare?
I've never done this before, but I need to, and don't want to botch anything up.  Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Bobby
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 02:14:47 PM by BobbyKidd »
Alesis Strike & Strike Pro Modules & Kits
Alesis D4 & DM5
Alesis SR16
Superior Drummer 3
Steven Slate Drums

Pro Drummer since 1979

Offline orion32

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 11:03:48 AM »
0.5mm carbon plate from Amazon  --  cut to the same size as your original plate  --  sand the edges (they are sharp)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1702793396402266/permalink/3995498723798377

Check out the Strike Pro Owners Group on FB..... this fix has been noted many times
Alesis Strike Pro
A to E converted Zildjian L80 - 14" crash, 16" crash & china