Author Topic: Does the Alesis Strike kit work with the Alesis Trigger IO? I have one.  (Read 1232 times)

Offline cleverest

I've never used it...bought it a while back and I was wondering if anyone has actually tried it, or if they are using it currently with a Strike kit or Strike Pro Kit.

Re: Does the Alesis Strike kit work with the Alesis Trigger IO? I have one.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 11:39:26 AM »
I've never used one, but as far as I understand, you can trust the module just fine with midi, but you can't sign any specific sounds to the midi notes, it just triggers the sounds that you have for the kit your playing, so you would have to sign a sound to a rim or something then have the trigger io trust the rim, which you can do.

Basically it's a lot of work for little more benefit than splitters.

I'm the topic of splitters, if you try to hit the head and rim zone at the same time, no sound will play. So if you have a head and rim split you can't play both pads/sounds at the same time.

I hope that made any sense. I haven't done anything with midi, but I do have splitters on Tom 1 2 and 3

Offline Iggford

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 12:10:39 PM »
To back that up, but it's still only from what I've heard:

I've heard that because the Strike doesn't have the extra MIDI notes available like the DM10, the Trigger I/O won't work for adding pads.  I really wanted to go that route rather than splitting, since you have the issue of not being able to play the head and rim at the same time (something I forgot to mention when I was giving my kit layout with my splitters).

If I'm wrong about this, someone please correct me.  That's the way I understood it!

--
Shawn

Offline cleverest

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 12:21:46 PM »
Thanks Guys, that helps!

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 05:37:29 PM »
My guess is that of you use the trigger io to trigger the rim, you could play the head and rim say the same time