Author Topic: DM10 Studio - £599 with extra 10 inch pad  (Read 3692 times)

DM10 Studio - £599 with extra 10 inch pad
« on: June 01, 2011, 05:47:34 AM »
Got mine from Andertons: http://www.andertons.co.uk/electronic-drums/pid18371/cid567/alesis-dm10-studio-electronic-drum-kit.asp (UK if you hadn't guessed!) - came with TAMA stool & bass pedal, Stagg headphones & Sticks, and 2 Alesis realhead pads - one 10 inch and one 8 inch! It was this deal the tipped me over the edge and forced me to sell my old DM6 on eBay!

I should point out on the website now that they only sell it with the one extra 10 inch pad and bundle - they've cheaped out on the other extra 8 inch pad.

Hope this helps someone out and save some cash!  :)

Aza.
Alesis DM10 Studio - Hellfire mesh upgrade w/Pearl Muffle Heads

Re: DM10 Studio - £599 with extra 10 inch pad
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 09:25:14 AM »
hi i am new to the site and just wanted to add i got the same deal as Aza and found the service from andertons to be excellent. Although the headphones supplied with the kit are basic(not expecting high spec at te price) and i would like some advice on some noise isolating headphones. I have looked at the Seinsheur Pro 380(good deal in andertons) or the ATH M40FS anybody experienced these 2 or other recommendations in the £50 to £100 price range.
Cheers

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 09:52:47 AM »
Hi markd,

Glad someone else took advantage of the great offer! I agree that Stagg are not the first port of call I would go to for headphones - I've stuck with my existing Sennheiser headphones, which are (I think) these ones:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-415-HD415-Headphone/dp/B000E1DSB8/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1306936253&sr=1-3

These are open headphones, so you can hear what's going on around you whilst you've got them in - it's useful for me since I'm a bit self conscious about making noise with the rubber pads (especially the cheaper 2nd crash cymbal that doesn't have that nice rubber edge to it!), and can hear people talking to me whilst I'm drumming. Obviously, this comes under your price range, and there's a few negative reviews, but I've not experienced any noise with mine at all. If you want to go higher, I'd recommend looking at the Amazon related products - it's my second best friend (next to Google!).

Hope that helps!

Aza.
Alesis DM10 Studio - Hellfire mesh upgrade w/Pearl Muffle Heads

Offline drumday

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 11:48:11 AM »
I still have on the ear Sennheiser phones I got in the 70s.  Excellent sound and great R&D dept to keep creating good hi fidelity stuff.
DM10 Studio 2011, BBII mesh conversion w/ resistors left in place, Simmons DA200S, ProMark 7A nylon, Sennheiser HD280 headphones, Gibraltar rack, Camco double pedal.

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 05:55:36 PM »
thanks for the advice, i do not have problems with neighbours so will try the isolation type

has anybody tried the new alesis headphones, they look like they would have good isolation but wondered what the sound quality was like?