Author Topic: Alesis DM8 is HERE!  (Read 21431 times)

Online Hellfire

Re: Alesis DM8 is HERE!
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 09:36:53 AM »
Did anyone else notice Alesis was using a snare stand on the DM8 Pro kit NAMM? I had a feeling that a snare trigger that large (12") would most likely need to be on a stand so it doesn't wobble up and down when you really pound on it. I wonder if they will update there standard DM8 pro package to include the snare stand?

Here's another video (look for the snare stand  ;) ):

NAMM 2011: Synthgeek.tv - Alesis DM8 Pro Kit

Alesis

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2011, 09:06:42 AM »
Did anyone else notice Alesis was using a snare stand on the DM8 Pro kit NAMM? I had a feeling that a snare trigger that large (12") would most likely need to be on a stand so it doesn't wobble up and down when you really pound on it. I wonder if they will update there standard DM8 pro package to include the snare stand?

No problem with the 12" pad mounted to the rack. The DM8 Pro Kit will ship with the rack arm for the snare pad, and it's compatible with any snare stand you like.

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2011, 02:14:38 PM »
How soon can i buy myself a couple of alesis 12" pads?

Offline ungoliant

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2011, 05:34:04 PM »
+1  ???

Alesis

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2011, 06:06:15 PM »
How soon can i buy myself a couple of alesis 12" pads?

We are making them as quickly as we can. To be completely honest, priority will be given to completing DM8 Pro Kits, at least at first. Once we have made enough 12" RealHead pads and 16" DMPad cymbals to complete kits, we will introduce them as accessories.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 10:46:39 AM »

No problem with the 12" pad mounted to the rack. The DM8 Pro Kit will ship with the rack arm for the snare pad, and it's compatible with any snare stand you like.
Here's a good video that goes along with what was stated here:

WNAMM11: Alesis DM8 Pro Drums

Of course I'm an info junky  ;D, but Dan do you know when you guys are going to get the manuals up on these new offerings (DM8's, new DM10 studio, purcPad, & performance Pad Pro)?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:50:49 AM by Hellfire »

Alesis

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 12:50:02 PM »
Hi Phil,

The DM8 manual is done. The others are in process right now. Our marketing team will post them as soon as possible.

Dan

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 11:49:57 PM »
Hi Phil,

The DM8 manual is done. The others are in process right now. Our marketing team will post them as soon as possible.

Dan

Bump. 

Hi Dan, can you nudge the marketing team?    ;D I really want to check out the manual for the DM8.

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 03:03:43 PM »
Put me down for 1 of those 12" pads as soon as it becomes available. I want to use it as a fllor tom on my DM10 sudio. I assume it would work in that configuration? I'm betting lots of DM10 Studio owners would like to put it on a stand and replace their 10" pads as well, but I already own a Hart Dynamic 13" snare. If I knew you guys would be making a 12" pad, I might have waited. I'd like to have one of those 16" cymbals to use as a ride too. Hire some more production workers guys and give the economy a boost. ;<)
Alesis DM10 Studio 2011 with Hart Dynamics HH 13"digital snare, Pintech concert cast toms, Pintech PC cymbals, Yamaha DTXtreme III, PDP FXR birch laquer kit, PDP Platinum maple kit, Sabian AAX Cymbals, Gibraltar hardware, Vater fusion Nylon tip sticks. Drummer for Ernie Givens & The White Lies Band

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 11:26:13 PM »
I just reread the press release on the DM8 found here: http://www.alesis.com/content229335

We havent seen the back panel of the DM8 but this makes me believe we will see MIDI in and out on it. 
The DM8 features professional audio and trigger inputs and outputs and MIDI and USB MIDI for expansive flexibility and connection to a wide range of devices.

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 10:46:42 PM »
Anyone have an idea of when these will ship?

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 01:52:15 PM »
The DM8 manual is posted on the Alesis site.  I have been checking the site daily, like a lonely old lady checks her mailbox for a letter from a long lost love, and finally it is posted!  Looks like it has a majority of the sounds fromthe DM-10.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2011, 04:40:30 PM »
The DM8 manual is posted on the Alesis site.  I have been checking the site daily, like a lonely old lady checks her mailbox for a letter from a long lost love, and finally it is posted!  Looks like it has a majority of the sounds fromthe DM-10.
Thanks for the heads up. I just downloaded it. FYI it is a quick start guide so, it is not a full module manual. Good to see however.

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2011, 04:45:54 PM »
You can get the manual for the module from the DM8 USB page

Online Hellfire

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2011, 05:20:10 PM »
You can get the manual for the module from the DM8 USB page
Thanks. That's odd it is not with the pro kit. I wonder why they did that.

Offline vaikl

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2011, 08:05:57 PM »
Another odd thing is that Alesis still suggests the use of MIDI OX as a Windows SysEx tool in this brandnew manual, whereas they recommend this relative new C6 tool on support ??? ??? ???

I think they really need the announced job fair in Boston/Newark ;D If I could change my live focus from Germany to US in a few days I would be there...

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2011, 09:53:10 PM »
No MIDI out. :(

Online Hellfire

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2011, 12:18:12 AM »
No MIDI out. :(
No midi out jack but you can get midi out from the USB port on the DM8 (at least when using a computer for VSTs).

Offline vaikl

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2011, 05:37:53 AM »
And for those who won't use a computer connection: There is a increasing number of USB<->MIDI adaptors with real MIDI in/out connectors on the market.

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2011, 11:30:48 PM »
I don't think there is an adapter that simply plugs into the DM6/8 USB port that converts to MIDI out. I'm using a DM6 now and have pre-ordered the DM8 but was hoping for a midi out to use with Rock Band 3 (Don't laugh, my kids and I have a blast). There's other connection options but midi is virtually plug and play.

Offline vaikl

« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2011, 06:22:05 AM »
There's other connection options but midi is virtually plug and play.

MIDI over USB is nothing else.

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2011, 12:44:23 PM »
Aww man, no MIDI out.

Just lost my sale. Am really unhappy now as I spent ages researching which set to buy and was looking forward to owning the DM8.  :(

Richard

Online Hellfire

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2011, 01:12:45 PM »
Aww man, no MIDI out.

Just lost my sale. Am really unhappy now as I spent ages researching which set to buy and was looking forward to owning the DM8.  :(

Richard
You still have midi out via the USB if connecting to a computer for VST usage. If you really need a midi out jack you could always get the DM10 studio kit. Just a thought.

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2011, 11:56:49 PM »
Got my DM8 today... very nice setup! (coming from the DM6). I was also hoping for the midi out but I ended up buying a used DM10 module just for that purpose. I'll post my impressions once everything is up and running, but I love the larger drum pads!