Author Topic: DIY Mulitipad  (Read 8053 times)

Offline Dobly

Re: DIY Mulitipad
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2017, 08:44:21 AM »
Finally all the cables are done and it's all plugged in.

All I need to do now is to include the right side cables into the cable snake and put a little tag or colored tape on the cables and sample rack to help me get the right cable in the correct input.

Offline Dobly

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2017, 10:14:25 PM »
and done..

I added the 3 new right side cables to my cable snake.

The snake is bound in this cable management stuff I got at Jaycar (from memory).

It very firmly wants to wind itself in on itself. So you need to hold it open, get the cable in there and close it up. Easier said than done. This took me around 45 minutes.

Next I made tape markings on the leads, boxes and the Sample Rack.  This will help me (and my less than perfect eyesight) set up these on stage.

Both the MTMMMES got markings like this.

And right side. .

You can see the plugs and boxes are marked.

Now back at the sample rack I know where everything goes.

Job done.. Next I'll be collecting samples and setting up the Sample Rack. This will be an on going process..

I hope you enjoyed this project and get inspired to have a go at this or some project of your own imagination. Get your soldering iron out and go for it!!

Offline Dobly

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2017, 07:04:45 PM »
I got this in my email today..

Looks like they have been reading this thread.  ;)

Offline Dobly

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2017, 08:31:57 AM »
I had my first proper play on the pads tonight on my bands first rehearsal since I made them.

I only had one kit close to ready in there. It was full of great sounding cymbals I recorded from Addictive Drums 2. Crashes, chinas, splashes, stacks and a few others. Some of the samples worked better than others. But the ones that worked great were really great. The pads triggered them fime and all of sudden I went from a kit with just 2 crashes, to one with around 10.

The color coding I did on the cables and such worked a treat. I was able to set the entire kit, with my foldback, 2 mixers and a laptop in around 45 minutes.

You'll see in the shot above I was trying the Alesis hi hat and ride again. What was I thinking? The Hi Hat and Ride are going to become permanent features on my sons DM8 kit.