Author Topic: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit Video Review (part 2 of 2)  (Read 12368 times)

Online Hellfire

Alesis DM10 Pro Kit Video Review (part 2 of 2)
« on: December 02, 2009, 01:13:45 PM »
I don't have the whole video up yet. I'm hoping to get that up tonight but, here is a small portion of the Alesis DM10 Pro Kit Review (part 2 of 2):

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:21:31 PM by Hellfire »

Online Hellfire

Re: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit Video Review (part 2 of 2)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 11:26:54 PM »
Just to let you guys know, the full video is now up at Hellfiredrums.com under the title Alesis DM10 Pro Kit – Video Review. The video is in three parts. I don't like the sound quality of YouTube so I put part one back up on my site as well.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 09:20:49 AM »
i like your review ....now i want a DM10 by your fault :P do you want to trade for a DM5 ? hahaha :P
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 10:55:34 AM by Lentrave »

Offline rockdude

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 03:49:01 PM »
Very nice review! Just the way I wanted it  ;)

I have to say that it seems like a pretty good kit and module for the money.
The sounds can't compare to vst, but they are much better than I thought and third party samples could make this the best module to bring to a gig without using vst on a laptop.

For being an electronic kit (and not an a to e conversion) it looks surprisingly sexy. It's shiny and the silver rack, black pads and the gold cymbals match in an aesthetic way. It also seems to be a pretty sturdy build since it doesn't move much even though you hit the pads pretty hard.
The triggering is descent as long as I can tell and the module has way more settings than for example the Trigger IO.

Keep up the good work Phil. Your video reviews rocks!  8)

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 09:12:05 PM »
Great review! :)

It seems like the module itself is mostly really versatile, although the crash and hi-hat zone restrictions are alittle disappointing. The kit itself looks sexy as hell and not at all like a toy... and looks very good with the rubber removed from your rims.

Unfortunately the DM10 is not yet available in Australia, and I've got my e-kit money now burning a hole in my pocket. I'm looking at the Roland TD9K (one with only mesh on the snare) as an alternative and a couple of stores around here offer it at a reasonable price. If they have it in stock so I can indulge my impulsive nature and take it home right away... I'd say that is what I'll end up with.

Offline ghostman

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 10:27:18 AM »
Okay, I finally got around to watching the 3-part review.  nice job.  I had to go back and look at some stuff, but overall, a great review.  I already contacted RMC Audio about when that sucker will be available w/o the kit.

;D

Great job, Phil.
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 10:57:24 AM »
Okay, I finally got around to watching the 3-part review.  nice job.  I had to go back and look at some stuff, but overall, a great review.  I already contacted RMC Audio about when that sucker will be available w/o the kit.

;D

Great job, Phil.
Thanks
Did RMC Audio tell you when it would be available? The info I have states sometime after the new year (and NAMM).

Offline goony

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 11:41:52 AM »
how does the module work with other pads? anyone tried it with Rolands/Yamahas or any others?
KIT: Roland TD9s
Online Browser Game Desert Ops
http://uk.desert-operations.com/?recruiter=275

Online Hellfire

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 11:52:44 AM »
how does the module work with other pads? anyone tried it with Rolands/Yamahas or any others?
Probably works the same as the Trigger I/O. The only Roland pads I have are a PD-9 (piezo/switch type) and a flaky CY-6 (also, piezo/switch type). I will try those out and report back my findings.

Offline goony

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 11:57:06 AM »
That be cool, especially if Alesis sell the DM10 module on its own, it would make buying a custom E kit more attractive...

Offline ghostman

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 02:40:45 PM »
Probably works the same as the Trigger I/O. The only Roland pads I have are a PD-9 (piezo/switch type) and a flaky CY-6 (also, piezo/switch type). I will try those out and report back my findings.

You could send me your DM-10 module and I can test it w/ my DIY's..  ;D
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 03:36:03 PM »

You could send me your DM-10 module and I can test it w/ my DIY's..  ;D
No, I can't send it to you but, I still have my DIY's seen here in this pic:
and they are constructed like this inside:
Yes, that is the standard cross bar with Roland cone assembly. The only difference between these and  most DIY edrums from Vdrums.com is my wiring. I don't reverse the head wiring (which is done to work with Roland modules).

Offline goony

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 06:47:28 PM »
so have you had a chance to try other pads on DM10 yet?

Online Hellfire

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 11:40:16 PM »
so have you had a chance to try other pads on DM10 yet?
No, not yet. I'm hoping to get to it after X-mas.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 08:36:28 PM »
Great review!   Just got done watching it.  Now I want one!  LOL

;D

Offline Guinness

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 06:32:45 PM »
Phil... so, you've had your DM10 for a couple of months now. 

Your thoughts?  Still happy with it?

Online Hellfire

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 01:39:42 PM »
Phil... so, you've had your DM10 for a couple of months now. 

Your thoughts?  Still happy with it?
I'm still very happy with the DM10 Module. I will admit, it would be nice to have a foot controllable dual zone hi-hat but, the single zone is not a deal breaker for me. I also wish they would get moving on the third party sound sets. I think Pearl showed just how good the DM10 technology can sound when you use one of those lush sounding drum kit sound sets. More memory for those sound sets would be nice too but, that just means there is room for a higher end module, say a DM20? ;D

Offline Guinness

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 01:51:25 PM »
Oh man... don't make me wait for a DM20!  LOL

My expectations aren't that high.  Remember, i had the DM5 and didn't like the samples.  So, my only real expectation is a significant sound quality improvement over the DM5.
From what I've listened too so far, it far and away exceeds the DM5.

but I won't wait for a DM20!  It's hard enough waiting for a DM10.  LOL

Offline Guinness

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 12:28:56 AM »
Speakin da german?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QGqm_p82Kc

(Review of the DM10 Pro, in German)