Author Topic: e pro live and dm10 same functionality?  (Read 2347 times)

Offline H3RB

e pro live and dm10 same functionality?
« on: March 27, 2010, 11:57:22 PM »
so if the red box and dm10 are the same module can they do the same things? the thing im interested in the most is the ability to flash over ALL of the kits and being able to use one high def kit. can the dm10 do this?
i dont have my dm10 yet and wont have it until april :( but just wondered if anybody new at all?

Offline Guinness

Re: e pro live and dm10 same functionality?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 01:17:16 AM »
so if the red box and dm10 are the same module can they do the same things? the thing im interested in the most is the ability to flash over ALL of the kits and being able to use one high def kit. can the dm10 do this?
i dont have my dm10 yet and wont have it until april :( but just wondered if anybody new at all?

define "High def kit".   All of the voices in the DM10 are uncompressed sound files. 

Offline H3RB

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 01:26:25 AM »
ok well i guess it would be higher def, kinda like the difference between 480p 720p and 1080p in tv's
if you watch the video for the pearl e pro live kit they tell you that your able to flash over the entire sound bank and turn it into 1 higher quality sound kit so basically the one kit takes up all 128mb of ram
just wondered if we could do it with the dm10 as its the same module

Online Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 10:33:58 AM »
Yes. As a matter of fact Alesis touted this about the DM10 last July when it first came out (red box didn't even exist yet).  Alesis calls them "sound sets" but they have yet to release any. Here is a link to the topic about this:

Where are the DM10 Custom Sound Sets?

Alesis is hoping something will be released this week. Only time will tell.