Author Topic: DM 10 Need help!  (Read 3097 times)

DM 10 Need help!
« on: February 22, 2010, 06:23:07 AM »
Hi guys. im new with electronic drums and i have 2 questions if you can help me. im from greece and sorry if i make some mistakes to my english:) i bought the DM10 drum kit...1) How can i upload drum software to my module like Addictive drums or EZdrummer? via usb? and if i connect through usb what i must do next? 2) i use Nuendo 4 in my pc for home studio recordin...i connect my Drum kit with my pc through midi and i tried to play with my drum kit under addictive drums but when i hit the tom1 or tom2 the sound at the computer was crash and bell....i need to map my drum kit to play? and how i do that? Thanx ppl!

Offline ghostman

Re: DM 10 Need help!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 12:33:06 PM »
First, welcome and congrats on the purchase of a DM-10 (some of us are waiting for ours!!)..

now some answers:

1) How can i upload drum software to my module like Addictive drums or EZdrummer? via usb? and if i connect through usb what i must do next?

You cannot upload just any drum software / sounds to the module.  Eventually there will be specific DM-10 uploads from companies that make VST's, but those currently are not available.

2) i use Nuendo 4 in my pc for home studio recordin...i connect my Drum kit with my pc through midi and i tried to play with my drum kit under addictive drums but when i hit the tom1 or tom2 the sound at the computer was crash and bell....i need to map my drum kit to play? and how i do that? Thanx ppl!

Somewhere in your software, it should tell you what MIDI notes the sounds can be accessed on.  And usually you can edit them to match your module, or you can edit your module to match the software.  I  don't have a good answer for you here, this is mostly RTFM territory!  (Read the manuals)

Good luck.
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.