Author Topic: Strike Module Question about the Ride 1 & 2 plugs  (Read 687 times)

Offline DannyM

Strike Module Question about the Ride 1 & 2 plugs
« on: October 02, 2020, 11:31:30 AM »
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased the Strike Module, but using it with Alesis Crimson & Command kit dual zone & single zone pads

Would anyone happen to know if you plug the ride 2 cable into a pad, how to get the sound out of it.

I have tried, but cannot get it to make a sound.

The ride 1 plug I use on a dual zone crash and get the bell & bow and that works fine, but I figured I could use the ride 2 plug on a single zone pad and assign a voice but I cannot get it to trigger.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks.
Any help is appreciated.

Offline Chaser

Re: Strike Module Question about the Ride 1 & 2 plugs
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 11:50:26 AM »
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased the Strike Module, but using it with Alesis Crimson & Command kit dual zone & single zone pads

Would anyone happen to know if you plug the ride 2 cable into a pad, how to get the sound out of it.

I have tried, but cannot get it to make a sound.

The ride 1 plug I use on a dual zone crash and get the bell & bow and that works fine, but I figured I could use the ride 2 plug on a single zone pad and assign a voice but I cannot get it to trigger.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks.
Any help is appreciated.

Ride 1&2 inputs are tied together as a circuit.
Ride 2 input completes the circuit and doesn't function as a normal input.

Same applies to a 2 cable cymbal..you have to have both cables connected or a dummy plug in one of the cymbal outputs for the cymbal to function and depending on which one you use the plug determines the configuration..

Here is a topic where a user has a DM10 MKII Studio kit and a STRIKE module

The Crimson and the DM10 MKII Studio use the same module/triggers.
The Command uses the same module with firmware limitations (single zone) and smaller triggers.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 12:30:07 PM by Chaser »

Offline DannyM

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 02:08:16 PM »
Thanks so much for your help with this !
That explains it for me.
I do have another question if you do not mind,

when I first got the strike module, it came with the newest version of the firmware 1.5.
The kick drum seems to be so much lower in volume than the other pads and I do not get as much volume out of the headphones as I would like.

Any recommendations on how to increase the volume on them?
Sorry about all the questions, this was a big jump for me to get this module.

I have had the module for two weeks, but have been working around the clock at work due to the virus so this weekend will be my first chance to explore it and see if I can dial things in correctly and get the most out of the time I have with it before it is back to work Monday.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 02:35:14 PM »
Thanks so much for your help with this !
That explains it for me.
I do have another question if you do not mind,

when I first got the strike module, it came with the newest version of the firmware 1.5.
The kick drum seems to be so much lower in volume than the other pads and I do not get as much volume out of the headphones as I would like.

Any recommendations on how to increase the volume on them?
Sorry about all the questions, this was a big jump for me to get this module.

I have had the module for two weeks, but have been working around the clock at work due to the virus so this weekend will be my first chance to explore it and see if I can dial things in correctly and get the most out of the time I have with it before it is back to work Monday.

Some of the early STRIKE modules had a volume problem.
Hopefully that's not the issue.I think most if not all those modules were returned/replaced.
Headphone type makes a difference also...make sure you are not using Apple or anything with a TRRS connector.
I think the kick volume has more to do with the kick pad you are using.
I presume it's one of the 8" mesh.Those had the piezo/trigger set down low in the shell to avoid impact from eventually breaking the piezo/wires...some have relocated it,most just adjust the settings.
There are a few way to increase the volume of the voices.
Check this topic
https://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=7546.msg50515#msg50515
Also there is compression in the FX section you can add.
Since you are using triggers other than the STRIKE you will have to make adjustments.

Offline DannyM

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 03:12:05 PM »
Hello Chaser,

It is a brand new module from Sweetwater , they started selling the module by itself and was loaded with the 1.5 firmware so I hope it is not one of the ones with a volume issue.
Is there a way to tell?

The Head phones are Sony, but I will look at the plug when I get home.
 Not sure if it is a TRRS, but glad you mentioned it.

Thanks again for your help with this.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 04:14:30 PM »
Hello Chaser,

It is a brand new module from Sweetwater , they started selling the module by itself and was loaded with the 1.5 firmware so I hope it is not one of the ones with a volume issue.
Is there a way to tell?

The Head phones are Sony, but I will look at the plug when I get home.
 Not sure if it is a TRRS, but glad you mentioned it.

Thanks again for your help with this.

If it's a new one I wouldn't think it was one of the problem modules which was over 2 years ago and Sweetwater has excellent customer service should you ever do have a problem.
For E-Drums you find the  headphones recommended by many is the ATH like the ATH-M50X

Offline DannyM

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 07:32:14 PM »
Hello Chaser, sorry for the late response,

I got slammed at work, but thanks a million for the information !!

Gonna mess around with it now that I am at home & probably be out there all night like a kid with a new toy !!

Offline Chaser

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 08:33:42 PM »
Hello Chaser, sorry for the late response,

I got slammed at work, but thanks a million for the information !!

Gonna mess around with it now that I am at home & probably be out there all night like a kid with a new toy !!

I popped in a V1.5 card and I noticed a number of kits (especially the newer ones)have lower kick levels in the 70's to 90 range so I would increase that first and raise the kick sensitivity..see if that helps with your kick before changing other settings.
There were a lot of complaints on the Alesis forum (before it was retired) about how quiet those 8" mesh kicks are.