Author Topic: DM10 + MIDI + Ableton 8.1.1 + Hihat = ?  (Read 4985 times)

DM10 + MIDI + Ableton 8.1.1 + Hihat = ?
« on: June 09, 2010, 11:28:00 AM »
Hey everyone!
I'm new here! Don't yell at me if I seem stupid or something  ::)
I searched the forum to find an answer for this, but I believe my specific problem hasn't been posted yet so here it goes:

I'm using the DM10 kit with the DM10 module to trigger audio clips in Ableton Live 8.1.1 via MIDI. It all works out really well - I create a drum pad, localize the different MIDI sends (notes) from the DM10 and just drag and drop samples and trigger them with the different pads. However, one annoying little problem is that the closed and open hihat trigger the same note - even if I press the pedal down or not. It's really frustating that Ableton won't recognize when the hihat is open or closed.

Any Ableton user familiar with this? I also tried this with EZdrummer in Cubase and had the same problem.

Thanks!

- Nicolas
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:31:09 AM by nicolasso »

Offline Guinness

Re: DM10 + MIDI + Ableton 8.1.1 + Hihat = ?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 12:09:12 PM »
I have no experience in this, but I seem to remember someone saying you need to change the midi note on the DM10.  Search a few of the threads in here, and you'll find it.  (At least I think so. :) )

Welcome to the forum.

Online Hellfire

Re: DM10 + MIDI + Ableton 8.1.1 + Hihat = ?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 12:14:43 PM »
Hey everyone!
I'm new here! Don't yell at me if I seem stupid or something  ::)
I searched the forum to find an answer for this, but I believe my specific problem hasn't been posted yet so here it goes:

I'm using the DM10 kit with the DM10 module to trigger audio clips in Ableton Live 8.1.1 via MIDI. It all works out really well - I create a drum pad, localize the different MIDI sends (notes) from the DM10 and just drag and drop samples and trigger them with the different pads. However, one annoying little problem is that the closed and open hihat trigger the same note - even if I press the pedal down or not. It's really frustating that Ableton won't recognize when the hihat is open or closed.

Any Ableton user familiar with this? I also tried this with EZdrummer in Cubase and had the same problem.

Thanks!

- Nicolas
Welcome to the forum Nicolas. I don't know how to help you as I don't use VST's. With that said, For your software to see a variable hi-hat control (like the DM10's) it needs to recognize the CC#4 midi control command. Try doing a search within the EZdrummer help about setting up a variable hi-hat controller or recognizing CC#4 (maybe CC4 try both). I hope that puts you in the right direction.