Author Topic: Alesis nitro module with kick pedal alesis turbo  (Read 2391 times)

Alesis nitro module with kick pedal alesis turbo
« on: August 07, 2020, 01:49:07 PM »
Hi Drummers  8).

I have a alesis TURBO mesh kit, and i want change the module to the Alesis NITRO, but i dont sure if the kick pedal of the alesis turbo work with there module alesis nitro. If dont is compatible i can use a toms 4 input and change the sound?

Regards!

Offline Chaser

Re: Alesis nitro module with kick pedal alesis turbo
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 12:09:50 PM »
Hi Drummers  8) .

I have a alesis TURBO mesh kit, and i want change the module to the Alesis NITRO, but i dont sure if the kick pedal of the alesis turbo work with there module alesis nitro. If dont is compatible i can use a toms 4 input and change the sound?

Regards!

Shortest and simplest answer.. No...get a DMPad Kick Pad (rubber) or Mesh Kick.
It will be to your benefit as you upgrade modules over time.

Long answer (because someone will ask)
The (MEDELI DD512-514)DM6/DM7X/Nitro/Surge and (MEDELI DD650)Command/Crimson/II/DM10 MKII Studio/Forge modules do not have the advanced feature of changing "Trigger Type"..(Piezo or Switch).

The only module in the current Alesis lineup that can change "Trigger Type" is the STRIKE.(there are older modules that can also..original DM10 etc)

Single Zone cables are TS(Tip/Sleeve)..Dual Zone cables are TRS (Tip/Ring/Sleeve)

The drums are PP... Piezo for Head (Tip) and Piezo for the Rim (Ring).
The cymbals are PS.. Piezo for Bow (Tip) and Switch for the Edge (Ring)..,also Bell [3 zone]

The Turbo Kick Pedal (or DMHat) is Switch type for Head (Tip)."Switch" type triggers are normally on the Ring.

The original DM6 module (108 sounds) had a Kick Type Switch to change from Pedal (Switch) to Pad (Piezo).
The original DM6 (108 sounds) was discontinued..
The switch was removed with the release of the short-lived DM7X (Silver) module (385 sounds)which was discontinued then Re-released as the DM6 Nitro (Charcoal) module,then as the Nitro... Surge....Nitro Mesh.

There was confusion as you will see users stating they don't have the DM6 Nitro and instead have the DM7X Nitro.
That was because DM7X is still seen on the bottom of the module on the Nitro product page.
The DM6 Nitro never came with the original DM6 module.

The DM6 Nitro/Nitro/Nitro Mesh have the same module....just different hardware/triggers.

EDIT:
The  discontinued original DM6 module (108 sounds) has recently been re-released with the Burst kit..which will cause some confusion again (as it did with the DM10 modules.) as the DM6 Burst.. DM6 Nitro..are different modules.They are similar in appearance,the easiest way to distinguish between the 2 ..the original DM6 has a 3 character (Red) LED Display..the DM6 (DD512-514) has a LCD Display/Screen.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 01:36:21 PM by Chaser »