Author Topic: MKii Pro Question  (Read 457 times)

MKii Pro Question
« on: April 16, 2021, 08:29:52 PM »
Old DM 10 module guy here, output went out so I thought I would upgrade to the MKii, slight learning curve. The question I have is on the MKii it has a port on back for the crash and the tom, both work , but my ride and crash cymbals make the same sound,( I do have my dummy plugs in ) it is like the last ride mimics the crash, anyone every run in to this, also my #4 tom rim is not recognized.....all help appreciated, hope I explained it good enough.

Offline Chaser

Re: MKii Pro Question
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 10:33:16 PM »
Old DM 10 module guy here, output went out so I thought I would upgrade to the MKii, slight learning curve. The question I have is on the MKii it has a port on back for the crash and the tom, both work , but my ride and crash cymbals make the same sound,( I do have my dummy plugs in ) it is like the last ride mimics the crash, anyone every run in to this, also my #4 tom rim is not recognized.....all help appreciated, hope I explained it good enough.

In the Original DM10 you had the option of setting the 2 cable Ride as Dual or Triple zone,.If you set as Dual Zone and inserted a dummy plug the other input could be assigned another trigger and Voice...in the DM10 MKII Pro you can't the option isn't available...Ride 1 and Ride 2 are the same cymbal and tied together in a circuit.
A cymbal with a single TRS output will work on the Ride 2 cable but not Ride 1. It will only trigger the bow if you use Ride 1 cable.

Re: MKii Pro Question
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 03:00:31 PM »
I'll check it out, thanks.