Author Topic: Alesis Strike Editor: Dual Layers Won't Sound Together in Editor  (Read 575 times)

Firmware updated to 1.5.

I can edit the sounds fine for each pad but when you preview them in the editor, only sound A plays of the two layers.  When you strike the pad on the module, both play properly.

Shouldn't both sound layers play when you "strike" the pad in the editor rather than just sound layer A?  Isn't that part of the purpose of the editor - to sample what you've made before you get to the kit?

What am I missing?

Offline Chaser

Re: Alesis Strike Editor: Dual Layers Won't Sound Together in Editor
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 11:54:31 AM »
Firmware updated to 1.5.

I can edit the sounds fine for each pad but when you preview them in the editor, only sound A plays of the two layers.  When you strike the pad on the module, both play properly.

Shouldn't both sound layers play when you "strike" the pad in the editor rather than just sound layer A?  Isn't that part of the purpose of the editor - to sample what you've made before you get to the kit?

What am I missing?

No..you're not missing anything..
I submitted a fix it list/requests over 2-2 1/2 years ago including graphical errors etc and even  posted in the now defunct Get Satisfaction forum....got a "Thank You for your submission" but that was about it..The Editor hasn't been updated since the module v1.3 Firmware update and in the next versions of firmware the updater took over the Editor involvement in the updating procedure..

Version 1.1.2(January 2, 2018)Minor bug fixes.
Version 1.1(November 20, 2017)

Import & Export Instruments & Kits: Easily back up and share your custom Strike instruments and entire kits.

Quick Instrument: Quickly convert a single WAV file on your computer into a Strike instrument.

Import  Samples:  Quickly  import  WAV  files  to  your  SD  card  while  using  the  Instrument  Editor  (instead  of  having to use your computer’s Explorer/Finder).

Audition  Samples:Audition/preview  an  instrument  assigned  to  a  drum  or  cymbal  by  clicking  on  the  desired zone on the kit graphic or on the Play icon in the fields for Layer A or Layer B.

Drag & Drop Instruments: Quickly load an instrument to Layer A in the Kit Editor by clicking, dragging, and releasing it over the desired zone on the kit graphic. (You can still do this directly on the Layer A field, as well.)

Kit Size Overview: View the total size (in MB) of your current kit and of each instrument in that kit.

Strike Module Firmware v1.3 Support: Updated for compatibility with Firmware v1.3 and content updates on  your  Strike  module.

EDIT:
Attached Strike Editor - Release Notes - v1.1.2
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 12:17:30 PM by Chaser »

Re: Alesis Strike Editor: Dual Layers Won't Sound Together in Editor
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 02:47:23 PM »
Thanks.

"Layer A OR layer B."

That just seems stupid or lazy on their part to have the editor set up like that.  The point of layering them is to see how they sound *together.*

Ah, well.