Author Topic: This is going to be a dumb question: what is the size of the Alesis plug 1/4 or  (Read 532 times)

Hey. What is the size of the Alesis plugs? 1/4 or 1/8th? I want to buy an adapter to try to use this rock band drum pad I put a cord on to plug it in and use it for a cowbell but the plug is small like headphones almost. The plugs on the Alesis are larger. Thanks.

The plugs on the Alesis pads to the module are 1/4 inch. Some are Tip/Sleeve or T/S and some are Tip/Ring/Sleeve or T/R/S, depending on how many "zones" the pad has and/or the module recognizes.
I should add that this is for the DM6, DM10 and Strike modules/pads so I would assume all the other Alesis pads and modules are the same i.e. utilizing 1/4 inch plugs.

Hope this helps.

powerhouse

Considering that the original post was answered...

and as long as we're asking stupid questions....

After I adjust something, like... the pitch, or the reverb...  but in the end, i decide not to save the adjustments to a kit.

how the heck do i get back out of the menu?

it's probably obvious and i'm just missing it.   but, i've been having to turn the power off, and then back on just to exit the menu.

the owners manual just leaves that part out and assumes that you are going to "save" whatever adjustments you made.

I really appreciate anyone that can answer this for me.    I've had the kit since Jan 1 and it's been bugging the crap out of me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 06:41:05 PM by Solipstix »

Offline Chaser

Considering that the original post was answered...

and as long as we're asking stupid questions....

After I adjust something, like... the pitch, or the reverb...  but in the end, i decide not to save the adjustments to a kit.

how the heck do i get back out of the menu?

it's probably obvious and i'm just missing it.   but, i've been having to turn the power off, and then back on just to exit the menu.

the owners manual just leaves that part out and assumes that you are going to "save" whatever adjustments you made.

I really appreciate anyone that can answer this for me.    I've had the kit since Jan 1 and it's been bugging the crap out of me.

Just change the Kit without saving...

The NITRO is based on the Medeli DD512 the link will take you to a much better manual

https://www.mecldata.com/download/manual/aw_DD512_Manual_G11_110928.pdf

pg 10..

"HINT
If the edited kit isn’t saved before selecting another kit, powering down the digital drum, the changes will be lost."