Author Topic: Hi Hat and samplepad pro  (Read 2939 times)

Hi Hat and samplepad pro
« on: March 31, 2021, 10:20:19 AM »
I have a samplepad pro and I have an alesis dm5 pedal in the hi hat socket but all I am getting is just one sound when pressed.Am i missing something as I want to get closed and open sounds.I have tried the switch in both positions.

Offline Chaser

Re: Hi Hat and samplepad pro
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 09:58:24 AM »
I have a samplepad pro and I have an alesis dm5 pedal in the hi hat socket but all I am getting is just one sound when pressed.Am i missing something as I want to get closed and open sounds.I have tried the switch in both positions.

You need to setup a External Trigger or Pad in Hi Hat mode...set the Hi Hat input on the back to switch...assign voices/samples and put the pad and pedal into a Mute Group.
You are using the DM5 pedal(DMHat) which is a open/closed/switch type.. move the slider to switch.
To get all 5 positions/samples you need to use a variable pedal (Realhat).. move the slider to Variable

HAT MODE
When  a  pad  or  ext. trigger is in HAT mode, striking this  pad or ext.trigger will trigger one of the sample assigned to the 5 hi-hat locations of each kit (HAT OPE, HAT MID, HAT CLO, HAT CHK, HAT SPL).
The position  of  the  hi-hat  pedal  (sold  separately) will determine which of the 5 currently assigned hi-hat samples of the kit will trigger.

MUTE GROUP
Normally, when you strike a pad or ext. trigger when another pad is playing back,the samples of these two pads will be played back  overlapped.With  the  mute  group  function,you  can  stop the playback of the sample of a pad when you strike another pad or ext.trigger. For example, you can simulate a hi-hat by setting an open hi-hat sound to one pad, and then setting a closed hi-hat sound to another  pad.  Then after setting  both  pads  to  the  same  mute  group, these sounds will mute each other out, similar to a real hi-hat.

To assign a pad or ext. trigger to a mute group:
1.Strike one of the pads or ext. triggers that you want to assign to a Mute Group.
2.Move the cursor to the MGRP (Mute Group) area by pressing the Cursor Up or Cursor Down buttons and use the Cursor Left or Cursor Right buttons to select a Mute group. [1-16]
3.Strike another pad or ext. trigger, navigate to the MGRP, and use the Cursor Left or Cursor Right buttons to set this pad to the same number you set for the first pad.

SAMPLEPAD PRO User Guide  pg7

Re: Hi Hat and samplepad pro
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 03:11:29 PM »
Thanks for your very kind reply.This has certainly pointed me in the right direction.I have been using the pad exclusively as a midi controller in ableton up to now.