Author Topic: Dm10 pad refurbishment  (Read 583 times)

Dm10 pad refurbishment
« on: March 31, 2021, 10:12:31 AM »
I’m refurbish the very used dm10 pads I have. I’ve ordered piezzos and fairly confident in that. My main question is about the ‘foam sanndwich’ make up. My pads have been converted to 682 mesh heads previously. Looking at Hellfires video and other posts I’m
Wondering should I add extra foam? Can’t seem to post picture for some reason but currently have white foam approx 20mm, rubber 3 or 4 mm thick, piezzo plate, black paper then central orange cone?

Re: Dm10 pad refurbishment
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 12:51:24 PM »
Okay reading through I can see this is a frequent and well discussed subject I just can’t see the answer to above. Dm10, unknown age and plastic shells. Keep as is, replace piezzos and cones and refit heads? Is this a good quality option. Kinda just want to do it once if possible.

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 02:33:49 AM »
So current situation is several triggers do not work. Piezzos now arrives and and replaced in one pad. Refitted together as it was with 682 mesh head and (battered) orange cone as still waiting for replacements to arrive. Now triggering perfectly but I notice need to be very accurate that hits are central. I assume partly due to condition of cone and also I have but yet altered any sensitivity settings. Does make me wonder though how much difference the tightening of the head affects the triggering?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 09:16:43 AM »
Type "682" in the Search box upper left...there are numerous Topics/Posts..comparisons , installing , settings,troubleshooting etc.
It was a popular conversion after the Hellfire Conversion...

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 09:20:54 AM »
Thanks man. Realise I’m prob rehashing stuff here! Still wondering about foam makeup though but I’ll have another look!