Author Topic: Two pad ride cymbal  (Read 726 times)

Two pad ride cymbal
« on: March 20, 2021, 03:46:54 AM »
Hi All,
Is it possible on a first gen. dm10 to make a cymbal pad sounds like the bell of a ride, and another one to sound like the bow of a ride cymbal?
So there will be two cymbal pads in top of eachother, that forms one ride cymbal sonically.
(I hope you understand my bad english 🙂 )

Offline Chaser

Re: Two pad ride cymbal
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 10:52:00 AM »
Hi All,
Is it possible on a first gen. dm10 to make a cymbal pad sounds like the bell of a ride, and another one to sound like the bow of a ride cymbal?
So there will be two cymbal pads in top of eachother, that forms one ride cymbal sonically.
(I hope you understand my bad english 🙂 )

The Original DM10 Ride Instruments/Voices are "Combination" (Bell/Bow/Edge) for the RIDE 1/2 Inputs (which are a circuit) and are not assignable separately..
If you assign a RIDE to any cymbal input you'll only get the Bow...

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 11:12:24 AM »
Hmm...bad news...
But thanks for the reply.
It would be much more cheaper in that way.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 12:45:35 PM »
Hmm...bad news...
But thanks for the reply.
It would be much more cheaper in that way.

I don't know what you mean by cheaper....unless you don't have or want to purchase a (2) cable ride..
If you want to use (2) cymbals you can set the RIDE to Dual Zone MODE and use a Dual Zone cymbal in RIDE1 input (Bell is on EDGE) ..and a single zone cymbal in the RIDE2/PERC1 input and assign Voices to it

To do this:
1.Press EXT TRIG to enter the main Ext. Trig Menu page.
2.Select  the  ride's  bow  or  bell  by  pressing  NOTE  CHASE  then  striking  that  zone  on  your  cymbal  trigger.Alternatively,  you  can  highlight  the  trigger  name  at  the  top  of  the  screen  using  the  CURSOR UP / DOWN buttons to highlight it and use the VALUE UP / DOWN buttons or VALUE DIAL to select either "RideBell" or "RideBow."
3.Press MODE (F4).
4.Use VALUE UP / DOWN buttons or the VALUE DIAL to select "2 Zones" if your ride cymbal is a dual-zone or "3 Zones" if your ride cymbal is a three-zone.
5.When  you  have  finished  making  your  edits,  you  can  press  EXIT  or  any  button  that  will  enter  another  screen (e.g., DRUM KIT, UTILITY, etc.  Your edits will remain for that session (i.e., until you turn off the module)

DON'T FORGET TO "STORE" your settings..or you'll lose them

To store Ext. Trig settings:
1.Be sure you are in the Ext. Trig Menu by pressing EXT TRIG.
2.Press STORE.
3.A  window  will  appear  asking  you  to  confirm  your  choice.
Press  CANCEL  (F2  or  F3)  to  cancel  storing  your  Ext.  Trig  settings.
Press  YES (F1) to store them.

EDIT: Added Link

DM10 Drum Module Manual Rev C

MODE (RIDE BOW & BELL)  pg 26
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 01:04:18 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 03:48:36 AM »
Thank you very much for your time!