Author Topic: Help identifying this pedal  (Read 630 times)

Help identifying this pedal
« on: January 19, 2021, 01:20:11 AM »
Greetings all and thanks ahead of time. I bought a used Nitro set and this pedal was included and extra, but I don't know what it is. I thought originally that it was a silent kick, as it has a 1/4" jack, but it doesn't work when connected to the module.  I confirmed with my multimeter that the switch is operational.  Pics are attached.  Anyone know what it is and what set it goes with?

Grendelos

Re: Help identifying this pedal
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 08:41:41 AM »
It's the "Realhat" pedal for the hi-hat. You said it was extra, are you saying the used kit came with two pedals?
A2E 5-piece | Bum Wrap Drum Co maple burl wrap | Jobeky & UFO triggers | Drum-Tec real feel heads | Strike module | VH-11 + Strike cymbals | EZD2 + EZXs

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 09:00:33 AM »
Yes, 2 pedals, but my hi-hat pedal and connector to the model is 3.5mm mini plug, hence my confusion with this pedal.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 03:27:58 PM »
I did look at the "Realhat" product page and this does not appear to match either.  The switch inside this pedal is a simple on/off switch.  Really seems like it goes with a starter Alesis set, like maybe Burst?  This would seem to be it here?  https://www.pixelproaudio.com/collections/instruments/products/alesis-hi-hat-kick-pedal-for-burst-kit-burst-x-kit

Offline Chaser

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 08:00:39 PM »
The pedal in the image is a DMHat pedal ..it is switch type..open/closed/on off...
There have been a few versions (aesthetically) of the same pedal over the years.
It's mainly used these days for Kits that use a switch type pedal for the kick pedal and/or Hi Hat

https://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=8495.msg54070#msg54070

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 11:04:37 PM »
YIB.  I put a 1/4 adapter into it and plugged it into the module and it indeed worked.  I should have thought of trying that earlier  :-[ .  Guess I will hold onto it as a spare or see which one feels better to me, as my other hi-hat pedal and this one do feel different.  Thank you very much for helping me solve this mystery.

Grendelos