Author Topic: DM8. Where do I find sound locations to save to another bank?  (Read 460 times)

DM8. Where do I find sound locations to save to another bank?
« on: December 27, 2020, 09:05:10 AM »
I've just been given this rig and am not having luck saving anything. I turned off write protection and am in user banks. I can change any pad/cymbal to whatever I want but it doesn't save. That's using the inst/layer button method. At least I don't see a way to save it.

If I use the "store" button method and pick 'instrument', I have to know exactly what bank and on what pad the sound I'm looking for is located. How do I find this out without having to manually change through each patch and pad to find what I'm looking for? I've done a few searches and can't seem to find anything.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Offline Chaser

Re: DM8. Where do I find sound locations to save to another bank?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 12:08:12 PM »
I've just been given this rig and am not having luck saving anything. I turned off write protection and am in user banks. I can change any pad/cymbal to whatever I want but it doesn't save. That's using the inst/layer button method. At least I don't see a way to save it.

If I use the "store" button method and pick 'instrument', I have to know exactly what bank and on what pad the sound I'm looking for is located. How do I find this out without having to manually change through each patch and pad to find what I'm looking for? I've done a few searches and can't seem to find anything.
Thank you in advance for any input.

Check pages 24-25 of the User Guide
pg 24  STORING & COPYING KITS
pg 25 COPYING INSTRUMENTS

If you don't want kits,instruments etc..(whether storing or copying) to go to the default location
You'll have to write down what kit , instrument etc and scroll through to the new destination or location.
There is no breakdown list of each kit and instruments in each kit.
There is a reference list for Kits..Instruments..Sequences...User Guide pages 38-46
The Kits (pg 38) and Sequences (39) are numbered...the Instruments are not (but in alphabetical order by group/section)

If you want just the edits to save for that Kit/Instrument...try using "COPY"

User Guide pg 25

COPYING INSTRUMENTS:
This page allows you to copy an Instrument from one Kit to an Instrument in another Kit.
You can also copy it to the same Kit, which effectively stores that Instrument in that Kit.

EDIT: added DM8 User Guide
DM8 User Guide

« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 12:25:50 PM by Chaser »

Re: DM8. Where do I find sound locations to save to another bank?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 03:44:02 PM »
I was afraid that was going to be the answer. I hoped I was missing something, but thank you for your help.