Author Topic: Another Gig  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Th3R00st3r

Another Gig
« on: August 24, 2016, 12:12:27 PM »
Here'e another performance we did for our organization. It was for the annual Special Programs and Services Special Education Department in support of all the teachers and staff that service our special needs students throughout the county.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHBcCqTP-_I41NfFcs58x9unN56fyYHOT

My kit was acting up a little as some kick pad\cymbal hits were being muted and the floating stage we were on wasn't helping, but at least I wasn't getting false triggering(I up the x talk and threshold a little on each pad during soundcheck). The other thing was the kick pad is up against the cross bar on the rack and was moving around.

Other than me looking like a statue, and the bass player covering up the camera, it turned out pretty good.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 05:48:41 PM by Th3R00st3r »
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Online AlanK

Re: Another Gig
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 03:00:38 PM »
I didn't notice you looking like a statue, you had the cool glasses and goatee happening and damn, you were in the pocket (you had a nice groove going, snapping that right hand on the hi hat). You guys got the matching outfits going now, huh? Well, I still tend to focus on the singer, hahaha, but you guys definitely sound great and your drums awesome as always. I did see what you mean about the kick drum, dang, that thing was pushing so far out it was "clotheslining" on the crossbar!

One of the things that drives me crazy with ekits and frames is the limiting effect of the posts or crossbars.. I have a heck of a time getting my kickdrum and pedal where I feel comfortable.. I recently pulled out the bottom bar on my kit so I could get my larger kick drum further out but it still conflicts with the front right post and I'm not totally happy..same thing happens over on the hi hat side.

Still, great band you've got.. man, you're one of the only guys here who posts working band videos.. I for one appreciate seeing our gear in use in the real world. I'll watch more of those songs from that session after work (or at work, lol, it's slow here)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 04:21:05 PM »
Use the term "working" band loosely. We don't get paid for them since they are usually family, or volunteering for the organization we work for.  :-\

I hear what you are saying about the racks. I recently picked up a Gretsch Catalina Birch kit with Gibraltar rack and am having issues with cymbal placement. I think it just a matter of finding the right spot and angle.
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Online AlanK

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 04:26:17 PM »
I'd bought a tom stand that has the two L rods, was tempted to use it for two upper toms and get another, or two snare stands, for the lower toms and be rid of the frame alltogether! I've already got snare on stand, and am using hi-hat stand, and I just put my ride on a stand.. I've got other leftover cymbal stands for acoustic set jamming at a friend's place.. it could be done, then I'd likely be able to get things where I want them and it would look more like an acoustic set.. something to try, maybe over the xmas holidays for fun
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 07:33:34 PM »
I just tried to watch the vid, but says its been removed
 :(
M@

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 12:39:43 PM »

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 11:17:02 PM »
Sounds really good :)

M@

Offline KnipeDrums

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 08:01:06 AM »
The kit sat well in the mix, great job. The whole band sounds great.
Yamaha DtxTreme 3, Roland SPD30

www.KnipeDrums.com
www.DTXDrummers.com

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 06:48:47 PM »
Very good recording! Everything is balanced real well. good job.

Offline Iggford

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 10:16:26 AM »
I love the fact that you post videos like this.  I wish more video was taken at some of my band's events.  I'd love to share as well.  It always ends up that we take the recording equipment, but we never set it up to get video.  All we end up with is a few Facebook live posts that friends take during the shows.  I've taken on the job of mixing down some of the live audio, so I may have to find a way to share that on here.

At any rate, I think you guys sound great.  I always look forward to seeing your material!  Great job!

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 05:01:52 PM »
I love the fact that you post videos like this.  I wish more video was taken at some of my band's events.  I'd love to share as well.  It always ends up that we take the recording equipment, but we never set it up to get video.  All we end up with is a few Facebook live posts that friends take during the shows.  I've taken on the job of mixing down some of the live audio, so I may have to find a way to share that on here.

At any rate, I think you guys sound great.  I always look forward to seeing your material!  Great job!

Thanks I appreciate it. We are so stupid though because we make it tougher than it needs to be. lol

Offline Iggford

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 03:17:23 PM »
Thanks I appreciate it. We are so stupid though because we make it tougher than it needs to be. lol

I honestly don't think there's a group out there that doesn't make it tougher than it needs to be!  We've been playing almost 2 years, and it seems like we change things around so much, that some days it feels like we're still a new band!