Author Topic: Introducing DMEditor (now version 1.1a and open source!)  (Read 113103 times)

Offline Corvidae

Re: Introducing DMEditor (now version 1.1!)
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2012, 02:16:34 PM »
cheers Corvidae!!!  IF you're not being paid or getting heaps of free shit from alesis you should be mate!   Great work, I'm holding my breath till there's a way to combine the bj and some of the original sound samples......

Sadly, no. I got a couple donations (thanks again, folks!), but that's it.

I have it on good authority that that aspect is being worked on, but it's not terribly promising. You might want to start breathing again before you turn blue. ;)

« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2012, 03:13:42 AM »
This is a GREAT program I loved it instantly and will be donating. So I downloaded the program and if I click on the "Help" then "About DMEditor" tab it says I am running version 1.0, is 1.1 not on the website yet? Just wondering because the thread said its now version 1.1. Also I found a bug, or more of a mix up I guess not really a bug with the program. In the kick and snare drop down lists the "80's rock" sounds are swapped, so in the kicks menu it plays the snare sound, and in the snare menu it plays the kick sound. I registered and was going to report it but I am still waiting on the confirmation email so I thought I would just post it up here. Again amazing program and thanks for all your time and effort!

DMeditor for Mac OSX?
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2012, 09:41:32 PM »
Hey all!

I'm new to the forum and have found A TON of helpful posts both before and after I purchased my kit. I was wondering if there is a DMeditor version for Mac.

I'm starting to really dig into this awesome module and would find it much easier to do my kit set ups on the computer.
Alesis DM10 Studio with mesh head conversion, Crush Drums and Percussion Artist, Vic Firth Artist, Istanbul Cymbals Artist

Offline Corvidae

Re: DMeditor for Mac?
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2012, 01:27:26 AM »
Unfortunately, there isn't; I had to do a little bit of hackery to get access to the MIDI ports.

If someone out there wants to port it, I'm willing to provide code. PM me.

-James

Offline Trondster

Re: DMeditor for Mac OSX?
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2012, 03:33:08 AM »
One thread is more than enough, and if you had read the DMEditor thread, you would have read that there currently isn't one.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

Online Hellfire

Re: DMeditor for Mac OSX?
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2012, 08:19:32 AM »
Hey all!

I'm new to the forum and have found A TON of helpful posts both before and after I purchased my kit. I was wondering if there is a DMeditor version for Mac.

I'm starting to really dig into this awesome module and would find it much easier to do my kit set ups on the computer.

Hi MBdrummer,

Welcome aboard DMdrummer.com.

I deleted your two topics because there is already a more relevant topic to post this question. One other thing, please do not post the same question multiple times in different places on the forum. It will not get your question answered any more quickly. Plus repeating questions on the forum will just end up cluttering up the forum.

Great question I believe the creator of DMeditor has already responded to your question. Again, welcome to the forum.

HF

« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2012, 05:36:44 PM »
I have been trying to find where to download the DMEditor.  The link does not work on DMEditor.com.  Has it been pulled or is the site being worked on?  Sounds like a great program and I would like to try it out.  Thanks for any help!

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2012, 10:53:27 AM »
I haven't touched the site, but something else seems to be going on. I'll look into it.

In the meantime, you can download version 1.1a by clicking here:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7dUL68TzQR3b3JESVI2WS1oMUE

I'll see what's going on with the site over the next couple of days (holidays and all). I'll also edit the first post to reflect this change, as well.

Thanks for the report!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 11:01:51 AM by Corvidae »

« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2012, 06:36:33 PM »
Thanks Corvidae.  Download worked fine.  Have a Great Christmas!

« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2013, 11:44:25 AM »
why i can not download this ?;/

Online Hellfire

« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2013, 01:12:42 PM »
why i can not download this ?;/

Did you try the link that is listed in the post that's about three up from this one?

Here's a copy of it if you missed it:

I haven't touched the site, but something else seems to be going on. I'll look into it.

In the meantime, you can download version 1.1a by clicking here:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7dUL68TzQR3b3JESVI2WS1oMUE

I'll see what's going on with the site over the next couple of days (holidays and all). I'll also edit the first post to reflect this change, as well.

Thanks for the report!

Click on the link he posted and go all the way to the right of the file listing (were it states "size") and a small arrow should appear. Click on that arrow and choose "Download". I hope that helps.

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2013, 02:26:04 PM »
The OP has been updated, too.

Looks like something went horribly wrong in the database at some point. I'll have to rebuild most of it when I get a chance.

« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2013, 05:57:32 PM »
yes hellfire i tried both of the links

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2013, 08:58:20 PM »
You should see a File menu at the top, too; near the bottom, there's a Download option.

If all else fails, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you that way.

« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2013, 05:40:55 PM »
I'm unable to download 1.1a from dmeditor.com, and when I download it from the google docs link provided and open the program, the about section says version 1.0. What am I missing?

DMEditor
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2013, 12:16:02 AM »
Hi ... have been trying to get to download DM EDITOR but their website seems to have crashed ... has anyone been on their site of late .... otherwise is there another editor prog i can use or where else can i get DM Editor from .... any suggestion welcome ... thanks
We Drummers prefer to use our heads !!

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2013, 10:12:49 AM »
drewbacca: You're not missing anything; if it asks you on startup whether you want the stock soundset or the BlueJay set, you have 1.1 (the a is one small bug fix). Apparently I'm the only one who missed anything, as I apparently forgot to update the about screen. :P

jamrod: The Google Drive link doesn't work for you? Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you that way (it's tiny).

DM editor
« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2013, 04:11:44 PM »
Hi all ... does anyone know whats happening with the DM Editor website ... i am having problems with accessing it ... where else can I get the software for drum setups on the pc ... cheers
We Drummers prefer to use our heads !!

Offline vaikl

Re: DM editor
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2013, 05:48:59 PM »
Hi all ... does anyone know whats happening with the DM Editor website ... i am having problems with accessing it ... where else can I get the software for drum setups on the pc ... cheers

jamrod, please note the merging of your topic into the right thread. Here you'll find answers for your question ;)

« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2013, 11:59:37 AM »
Where can i download this DMeditor?
The provided links don't seem to work anymore or send me to non existing pages.

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2013, 12:17:58 PM »
Where can i download this DMeditor?
The provided links don't seem to work anymore or send me to non existing pages.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you.

« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2013, 07:35:13 PM »
Thanks Corvidea for the editor!
You were right it was automatically placed in my junk box by my filter.
I wasn't sure my message had reached you.

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2013, 07:36:16 PM »
Thanks Corvidea for the editor!
You were right it was automatically placed in my junk box by my filter.
I wasn't sure my message had reached you.

No worries. :)

Let me know if you have any problems / questions.

Offline India51A

« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2013, 02:12:42 PM »
Doesn't seem to work for me, I get some error messages saying something about couldn't find stock soundsets and bluejay soundset!

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2013, 02:58:32 PM »
Int he .zip file should be one .exe (the actual program), a directory called 'soundsets,' and two .xml files in that directory (stock.xml and bluejay.xml). If you don't have those XML files in that directory, the program doesn't know what any of the instruments are.