Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 3361 times)

New to the forum
« on: January 28, 2010, 10:09:39 AM »
Hi All,

Just wanted to say hello and present my self.

My name is Mike, and my son Patrick and I have a small project studio.

Patrick just took delivery of the new Alesis DM 10 Pro yesterday, so we put it all together yesterday and had a few hits, and in adjusting we noticed a fev bracket was the wrong way around etc.

We also noticed that when you hit Tom1 very light it triggered the ride cymbal as well, so we need to look at bleed/xtalk as well.

Hellfire you mentioned you change the frame setup slightly, would you like to give us any tips on this?

The same goes for setting up the DM10 module in respect of bleed/xtalk, andy tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your videos they where great.

Cheers
Mike(aka. Telecaster)

P.S When we now more about DM10 and drumming, we will get back in respect of modifying the heads :)

Offline Guinness

Re: New to the forum
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 12:10:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  you'll find this to be a pretty good source of info.

I had a DM5, and had a the same issue with hitting the floor tom and the cymbal on that side of the rack would trigger.  Noise + xTalk adjustments fixed it.  Although, I thought about placing a bit of felt, or other dampening between the bracket and cymbal pole.   (But I've since returned the kit, and don't need to worry about it now.  :) )

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 09:40:37 AM »
Hi All,

Just wanted to say hello and present my self.

My name is Mike, and my son Patrick and I have a small project studio.

Patrick just took delivery of the new Alesis DM 10 Pro yesterday, so we put it all together yesterday and had a few hits, and in adjusting we noticed a fev bracket was the wrong way around etc.

We also noticed that when you hit Tom1 very light it triggered the ride cymbal as well, so we need to look at bleed/xtalk as well.

Hellfire you mentioned you change the frame setup slightly, would you like to give us any tips on this?

The same goes for setting up the DM10 module in respect of bleed/xtalk, andy tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your videos they where great.

Cheers
Mike(aka. Telecaster)

P.S When we now more about DM10 and drumming, we will get back in respect of modifying the heads :)
Welcome aboard Telecaster & son.
I'll post a picture of the rack. Basically, I moved the rack bar that is on the floor and attached it (as an upright) to the bar that hold the floor tom. I also, did this to the side with the hi-hat/drum module.

As far as the xtalk, it is just a matter of tweaking the different xtalk setting in the module. The manual will be your best friend when it comes to tweaking all the different setting. You may not get it perfect but, you should be able to get it close to perfect.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 09:42:36 AM by Hellfire »

Offline goony

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 10:13:22 AM »
so basically Hellfire, you got a rack with 4 legs? instead of the struts at the bottom? Did you need to add any extra clamps? Or did you use the ones that came with the rack.....
KIT: Roland TD9s
Online Browser Game Desert Ops
http://uk.desert-operations.com/?recruiter=275

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 10:28:35 AM »
so basically Hellfire, you got a rack with 4 legs? instead of the struts at the bottom? Did you need to add any extra clamps? Or did you use the ones that came with the rack.....
I just used what came with the set. Nothing extra. The new configuration make the stand a lot more stable. Easier to fold up for gigs as well. ;)

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 09:42:45 PM »
Phil,
Thank you for the info we will have a look at that later.
I am NOT a drummer and Patrick is actually a guitarist, but are actually quite good on the drums, so he wanted to have his own for recording purpose.

So today we tried to hook it up to BFD2, that is a challenge when you don't know all the technical "drum" terms, but we will get there.

Cheers
Mike