Author Topic: Alesis Nitro hi hat half-open sensitivity  (Read 768 times)

Alesis Nitro hi hat half-open sensitivity
« on: October 01, 2020, 12:18:41 PM »
Hi there. I just received my Alesis Nitro Mesh kit and the hi-hat is driving me crazy. On my real kit, barely lifting pressure off of the pedal results in the half-open swish sound, but with the Nitro pedal, it seems I have to almost fully lift up the pedal, practically taking my foot off of it in order to get the non-closed, half open sound. I know there are adjustments to stick tap sensitivity and threshold, etc for the actual hi hat cymbal surface, as well as a way to adjust the hi-hat "splash" effect when you hit the pedal (when you tap your foot on the pedal but lift it up immediately instead of leaving your foot down), but what about the "pedal lift" sensitivity. Can't I get it to be more sensitive?

Offline Chaser

Re: Alesis Nitro hi hat half-open sensitivity
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 02:31:12 PM »
Hi there. I just received my Alesis Nitro Mesh kit and the hi-hat is driving me crazy. On my real kit, barely lifting pressure off of the pedal results in the half-open swish sound, but with the Nitro pedal, it seems I have to almost fully lift up the pedal, practically taking my foot off of it in order to get the non-closed, half open sound. I know there are adjustments to stick tap sensitivity and threshold, etc for the actual hi hat cymbal surface, as well as a way to adjust the hi-hat "splash" effect when you hit the pedal (when you tap your foot on the pedal but lift it up immediately instead of leaving your foot down), but what about the "pedal lift" sensitivity. Can't I get it to be more sensitive?

The Nitro kit comes with a variable/continuous pedal based off the Realhat which has a rubber actuator/linear softpot and at the front of the pedal you can adjust the pedal travel.

You should also be able to change the curve on the Hi Hat.Here is a Youtube Video where the user goes from Curve 1 to Curve 4 to use with EZ Drummer.
Between adjusting the travel and experimenting with the curve you should be able to get close to what you are used to.

I have seen there s a different version pedal with some of the newer Nitro kits with an 1/8" jack but other than a different top/pedal Alesis has never explained the difference if any.

EDIT:
The Nitro module is based off the Medeli DD512-514.
Here is a more "indepth" manual
DD512
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 03:03:46 PM by Chaser »