Author Topic: Our band practice video for upcoming event.  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Th3R00st3r

Our band practice video for upcoming event.
« on: April 05, 2016, 01:49:23 PM »
We have a band that started out playing company events (Holiday events mostly like X-mas and Halloween). We practice outside of work hours or on our lunch. I have posted a couple audio and video tracks here.

This Saturday we will bne playing  a leger work sponsored event, the Riverside Foundation Fun Run (5k).
Here is our practice for what we will be playing.

Feedback would be appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHBcCqTP-_I5axBPvnfKoV33D7JzAFO0V

Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benetar

Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5

Rude - Magic

Best Friends Girl - The Cars

I'm Yours - Jason Mraz

The Scientist - Coldplay

Me Vale - Mana

Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars

Spiderwebs = No Doubt

Shut Up and Dance - Walk The Moon

th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline AlanK

Re: Our band practice video for upcoming event.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 02:12:43 PM »
What an awesome collection of songs, you guys sound great! Singer has a great voice for all those tunes and you guys are tight! Been watching your video postings back to the early company xmas party ones and you guys were great then, even better now.. I'm jealous.. the guys I jam with, god love 'em, just are so much more... sloppy? Anyhow, you guys have a great mix, each instrument and vocal is matched perfectly. I think I liked the sound of the kit you're using for Best Friend's Girl the most.

So did the company have a spare storage room in the basement that you guys got to use? Can't wait to see footage of the show   ;D  drum on brother!!
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 02:32:25 PM »
On most tracks I have a click trak (I'm still trying to get used to that. :o) and some background tracks (synths, horns, background vocals etc..), so I have to keep on time or the whole thing is off. Drums, bass, guitar and vocals(main and backing) are us, the backing tracks are reduced to what we can't do.

I am using the Addictive Drums VST. The kit for Best Friends Girl is the same as the majority of the other songs, and use the [Albert Wolfgang preset found here](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju3aIlkYiDM) with the Metal pack. Rude, I'm Yours and Th Scientist are a different, more acoustic sounding kit I think it's the Fairfax Kit.

We have a spare room in the basement they use for storage like holiday decorations and old phones, stuff like that. I don't want anything to happen to where we can't use that room. Fortunately, everyone (even upper magagement, which is what I am) likes it when we play, so I don't think they will give us too much flak for using it. ;D
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 02:53:50 PM »
Ah the perks of being in the upper level..they'll never take that room away.. they may fill it with boxes etc but as long as you guys can squeeze in.. (just pictured that dude from Office Space where they keep putting him and his desk in worse and worse places, then fire him and he still comes to work).

Well I think maybe the kick drum just sounded a bit boomier for the Cars song.. who knows, I'm on crappy earbuds at work...which by the way, I went back and relistened to your other xmas party videos, where I once said I couldn't hear the drums well.. turns out my old earbuds were on the fritz so I was losing half the audio most likely.. you came through a lot clearer now that I've got new earbuds here.

I just bought the Jazz Brushes adpak since they're having another half price sale on XLN Audio.. and I got some money back from taxes this year so I just ordered another 14" crash from 682drums!
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 03:07:02 PM »
Man, how much bigger can you make that kit? I know, it's rhetorical.

Maybe we should re-name the band My  Red Stapler! HAHA then people can ask "Hey, have you seen My Red Stapler??"

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 03:10:51 PM by Th3R00st3r »

Offline AlanK

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 03:15:16 PM »
Hahaha, that's a good one. Red Staper

Yeah, my kit is about as big as it should get. The new crash is actually for the set we've put together at my friend's place..still room to grow over there.