Author Topic: DM10 Custom Voices - Old Casio Snare  (Read 2506 times)

DM10 Custom Voices - Old Casio Snare
« on: April 13, 2010, 09:05:25 PM »
I'm trying to build a custom kit for a show I am playing (on the DM10).  The kit is sort of a cross between those old Casio drum sounds and metal pipes one might find on a steam heater.  I think I can figure out the latter sounds but the Casio sound is harder.

In particular I'm struggling with the snare drum sound - anyone have any ideas how I can take one of the existing voices and modify it to approximate this sound?

Offline Hellfire

Re: DM10 Custom Voices - Old Casio Snare
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 09:20:46 PM »
I'm trying to build a custom kit for a show I am playing (on the DM10).  The kit is sort of a cross between those old Casio drum sounds and metal pipes one might find on a steam heater.  I think I can figure out the latter sounds but the Casio sound is harder.

In particular I'm struggling with the snare drum sound - anyone have any ideas how I can take one of the existing voices and modify it to approximate this sound?
Do you have an audio sample of what a old style Casio drum sounds like? The might help in narrowing down a similar sound in the DM10.
BTW, Welcome to the forum!

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 11:03:44 PM »
Sure, go to http://www.audiopervert.com/audio/casio_vl_tone.mp3 - the "snare" in this sample, only I am trying for a bit fatter, wetter sound if that's possible.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 11:55:01 PM »
Sure, go to http://www.audiopervert.com/audio/casio_vl_tone.mp3 - the "snare" in this sample, only I am trying for a bit fatter, wetter sound if that's possible.
You might want to try the "09 Snare" under the "ELECTRC SNR" Category. It won't be a prefect match but with a little tweaking you should be able to get it close. Let us know what you end up using.

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 11:59:34 PM »
Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow.  Perhaps I may use the B layer and add some low cowbell to give it a tinny sound and mesh better with the "pipe" sounds from the other "drums".