Author Topic: YAY DM10 is finally on its way!  (Read 5290 times)

Offline H3RB

YAY DM10 is finally on its way!
« on: April 09, 2010, 07:18:36 AM »
i ordered my DM10 studio kit back in march and today the store got 4 in stock ;D just rang them to confirm and they are sending it out now and it will be with me on monday, its gonna be a long few days :( but atleast the uk are finally getting them now. cant wait ;D

Online Hellfire

Re: YAY DM10 is finally on its way!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 11:26:00 AM »
Congrats to you H3RB. Be sure to let us know the good, the bad, and the awesome! of your kit.

Offline eugenecp

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 12:12:34 PM »
that's great! the long wait for you is over!
DM10 Pro Kit, Tama Iron Cobra Jr Double Bass Pedal, Tama 1st Chair HT530E5, Tascam US-122 Audio/MIDI interface

Offline Guinness

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 01:07:42 PM »
That's great news!

Offline ghostman

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 01:26:21 PM »
Mine too!  I ordered Feb 8th.  I should get it early next week - while I am out of town! (unless they decided to ship it faster..)
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline H3RB

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 02:30:47 PM »
well it came at 11:30 am took me nearly 3 hours to get it setup and running lots of fiddling about with getting positions right but with the rounded mounts and wing nuts its so much easier compared to the dm5 pro it.
few problems, 1) the cymbals smell like swetty feet lol
2) the cross talk was immense got everything set to 7 but the second crash still gets picked up on the tom 3.
im about too look see if mine has the latest firmware or not as ive only had chance to set it up and a quick play before my drum lesson.

after looking through most the kits i cant seem to find any decent kicks >:( ive made my own decent one but still sounds a tad electronic.
i was baffeled with the amount of settings on the dm5 but god damnnnnn this thing is like a nasa space shuttle lol the cymbals are so quite too apart from the fact they smell they feel so nice and the triggers and choke all work great.
took some pics ill try n get em up later

Offline Guinness

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 02:36:42 PM »
"Sweaty feet."  LOL

i had no problems with crosstalk when I first set up my kit.  Make sure you have O/S v1.03.

i don't remember, did you get the pro kit or studio?

Re:  the kick.  Your headphones or speakers make a difference.  I noticed when watching back a few of my voices videos some of the kicks sounded a lot better on the video than they do through my headphones (and I have decent quality cans).

You should notice right away that the DM10 sounds are far superior to that of the DM5....  especially the snares.

As for "all the settings"... give yourself some time.  I was overwhelmed at first too.   But soon it becomes second nature.

Post some pics!  :)

Offline H3RB

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 02:41:12 PM »
got the studio kit, its only the rubber on the cymbals that smells lol.
dont think i can bring myself to put mesh heads on it as it just looks so good all shiney black. saying that ive put a mesh head on my kick as the standard was just way to loud.

i have some decent head phones but they start cutting out when there is too much going on, looking at getting some astro a40's tho.

cant wait to start messing on it properly tho and im so glad it has a metronome and aux in ;D

Online Hellfire

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 03:44:37 PM »
got the studio kit, its only the rubber on the cymbals that smells lol.
dont think i can bring myself to put mesh heads on it as it just looks so good all shiney black. saying that ive put a mesh head on my kick as the standard was just way to loud.

i have some decent head phones but they start cutting out when there is too much going on, looking at getting some astro a40's tho.

cant wait to start messing on it properly tho and im so glad it has a metronome and aux in ;D
I'm glad you got your kit. Remember, there is more than one type of xtalk setting in the DM10. ;)

Offline Guinness

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 04:14:01 PM »
I'm glad you got your kit. Remember, there is more than one type of xtalk setting in the DM10. ;)

Speaking of which... I was messing with Threshold yesterday, and the vibration from my house was triggering my tom1.  I had set threshold to 0.   At first I was thinking... WTF is going on?  then because note chase was on, I couldn't change... kept toggling between snare and tom1.  Both were set super low.  Kinda funny in a nerdy edrum sorta way.  :)

Offline H3RB

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 12:20:33 PM »
i seem to have a new probem.
my snare only works say 90% of the time. if im playing a straight 4/4 beat the snare will hit on 2 but not on 4 and next time it will hit on 2 and not 4.... i dont get why. it only seems to happen with the hi-hat ive done the same beat on all the other cymbals and even tho toms and it doesnt happen.
any ideas what it could be?

Offline ghostman

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 12:22:59 PM »
Crosstalk too high!  I had that problem on my Trigger IO.  I upped all my crosstalk settings, and the snare was cutting out w/ the hi-hat (but not the ride).  Anyway, that was MY fix, ymmv, but look into it.
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline H3RB

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 12:29:02 PM »
ah kl ill check that, on my dm5 kit there was only 1 xtalk setting for each pad. but the dm10 has 2 so i put them a the highest to stop any crosstalk so ill try lowering it in abit thanks for that.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 01:12:33 PM »
ah kl ill check that, on my dm5 kit there was only 1 xtalk setting for each pad. but the dm10 has 2 so i put them a the highest to stop any crosstalk so ill try lowering it in abit thanks for that.

Also look at retrigger and threshold. 

And .... make sure the jack is plugged in all the way.  (I had that problem at one point.  :) )

Offline H3RB

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 01:33:44 PM »
i checked all my connections first and noticed my bass wasnt in all the way lol i have my re trigger at 10 and threshold at 10 works fine now ive dropped the cross talk down to 3 and the problem seems to have gone.

Offline ghostman

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 12:04:58 PM »
Getting closer....

Apr 14, 2010 6:33 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery <--  ;D
PORTLAND, OR

Apr 13, 2010 1:30 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
PORTLAND, OR

Apr 9, 2010 4:28 AM
NASHVILLE, TN

Apr 8, 2010 9:20 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
KNOXVILLE, TN

Apr 8, 2010 6:34 PM
KNOXVILLE, TN

Apr 8, 2010 5:20 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx
Apr 8, 2010 5:18 PM
Picked up
KNOXVILLE, TN <-- RMC

Offline DeeDubs

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 01:17:47 PM »
WOOT!
Bashing away on: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit w/ Bluejay soundset, Yamaha DTXM12, Addictive Drums, Gibraltar Cage & old skool Ludwig Maple Kit.

Check out my silly mug with "So What" at http://www.sowhatct.com

Offline Pier

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 01:42:22 PM »
C'mon, all together now:

POST - PIC-TURES !  ;D
POST - PIC-TURES !  ;D
POST - PIC-TURES !  ;D

... (ad lib)

Offline H3RB

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 01:53:36 PM »
i cant post my pics atm as my gfs laptop has died and im using my dads which doent have mem car slots. im going on my pc later tonigh tho and will post them then.
been playing with the kit pretty much constantly now for the last 2 days and the sounds are just insane! they sound so real.
i liked the sound of the dm5 but this is just on a whole other level.
one annoying thing tho.... the bass keeps sliding away while playing >:( ive tried digging the screws into the floor but no luck, gonna have to get me a rug to go under it as im playing on lino atm lol

Offline H3RB

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 02:01:35 PM »
just found myself some roland mesh heads 10" and 8"  the 10" are £15 and the 8" are £12 :o :o :o  thats half their normal price. are they worth getting for my studio kit? or just stick with normal mesh heads that cost a few £ cheaper

Offline DeeDubs

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 02:03:41 PM »
one annoying thing tho.... the bass keeps sliding away while playing >:( ive tried digging the screws into the floor but no luck, gonna have to get me a rug to go under it as im playing on lino atm lol

Yeah I know that one. What I did that seemed to help was run a strap (you could use light rope) around the kick pedal and around one of the legs of my drum throne. Kind of like a leash for my kick pad ;)
Bashing away on: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit w/ Bluejay soundset, Yamaha DTXM12, Addictive Drums, Gibraltar Cage & old skool Ludwig Maple Kit.

Check out my silly mug with "So What" at http://www.sowhatct.com

Offline ghostman

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 03:58:54 PM »
I was informed that my DM10 was delivered today.  too bad I am 1500 miles away.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 04:24:29 PM »
just found myself some roland mesh heads 10" and 8"  the 10" are £15 and the 8" are £12 :o :o :o  thats half their normal price. are they worth getting for my studio kit? or just stick with normal mesh heads that cost a few £ cheaper
Get the Roland one at that price. You won't regret it. ;)

Online Hellfire

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 04:25:49 PM »
I was informed that my DM10 was delivered today.  too bad I am 1500 miles away.
At least you know it is there waiting for you. Can you hear it calling your name? ;D
Congrats on the purchase!

Offline Guinness

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 10:08:56 AM »
Get the Roland one at that price. You won't regret it. ;)

I agree.  I just put Roland on my snare and in my opinion it was worth what I paid.  So, if you can get 'em for half price, even better. Go for it!  :)