Author Topic: Are DM10 Users Sharing Their Kits?  (Read 10419 times)

Offline rhysT

Re: Are DM10 Users Sharing Their Kits?
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2016, 07:17:15 PM »
Have checked out your comprehensive DM10X review (http://www.kickstartyourdrumming.com/alesis-dm10x-review/) and I'm interested in trying the free MT Power Drum Kit you linked to (http://www.powerdrumkit.com/)

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 08:19:55 AM »
Hi,
I just bought a second hand DM10X mesh kit. I like to start modding and tweaking it to get it to its fullest potential.
This DM10X ha four toms and two crashes. Will this modified sound set and setting be compatible with this set? I mean does it have modified kits that uses all the inputs from the dm10x, like the 4th tom?
I really appreciate all this work that has been done. And the great contributors on this forum!
Thanks,
Aad

Offline rhysT

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2016, 05:12:16 PM »
I just bought a second hand DM10X mesh kit. I like to start modding and tweaking it to get it to its fullest potential.
This DM10X has four toms and two crashes. Will this modified sound set and setting be compatible with this set? I mean does it have modified kits that uses all the inputs from the dm10x, like the 4th tom?

My revised kits settings have been tweaked on a standard DM10 Studio Mesh kit configuration similar to all your 10X inputs. Refer to reply #21 for info about using my current DM10 (All Memory & Trigger) SysEx files available from: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s4g979xfpic14ok/AADhHzPvGrWXOK1HYPbdBSqga?dl=0
You can easily try out different combos of instrument sounds by replacing the Electro kits #80 to #89 with more useful acoustic sounding kits.
Let us know of any suggestions for kit improvements, as Alesis may be interested in ideas for faster loading kits in the Strike module.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 04:45:54 AM by rhysT »

Offline rhysT

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2016, 04:38:31 PM »
A recent 'prank' has prompted me to improve my revised DM10 kits order by replacing the electro-type kits from #80 to #89 with more useful acoustic sounding kits. So now there's a better selection of handy kits either side of the startup kit #100 to have some fun with.

Btw, the kits have been tweaked while listening to the DM10 H/p output (not via any effects external to the module).   
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:16:44 AM by rhysT »

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2016, 12:03:27 PM »
Thx for sharing those kits...

I had some probs loading the sysx files onto DM10 module...

time out error
or bad block error

tried C6, midi-ox, and Alesis updater - nothing worked

Solution:
at the end setting up C6 to 100ms and 1x turbo worked just fine... vide: attached screenshot

Offline rhysT

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2016, 03:52:59 PM »
I had some probs loading the sysx files onto DM10 module... time out error or bad block error

tried C6, midi-ox, and Alesis updater - nothing worked

Solution: at the end setting up C6 to 100ms and 1x turbo worked just fine... vide: attached screenshot

Thanks for the feedback that could help others with a similar problem. It's interesting that Midi-ox didn't work either.

After checking the C6 user guide, I assume the Delay setting (100ms) had more effect than the Turbo limit as it depends on selecting the Turbo button.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 03:58:24 PM by rhysT »