Author Topic: Are DM10 Users Sharing Their Kits?  (Read 10405 times)

Are DM10 Users Sharing Their Kits?
« on: May 22, 2013, 06:05:20 PM »
I recently picked up a DM10 Studio kit for our bands rehearsal space, and quickly joined DMDrummer to learn about the kit.  Great information here. 

What's surprising me is the lack of shared kits between DM users.  I expected there to be tons of shared kits between Dm10 users by now.  I've found info on a DMeditor, and downloaded it, but I can't find any shared kits or soundsets.

Is there another website our that I'm missing? 

Did the DM10 module just die off? 

Did everyone just move over to AD, BFD, SD, ect?

Seems like Alesis kind of forgot about it as well.   It's been out a while, and only one 3rd party soundset ?

If anyone knows a resource for sounds, and kits that I'm not aware of, the info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Are DM10 Users Sharing Their Kits?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 07:13:42 PM »
As far as detailed kit sharing with all settings and stuff, I pretty much make 1 or 2 adjustments every time I sit down, so anything I add will be outdated in a week. The only thing that I've kept constant is the base voices, but since I'm using both blue jay and stock sounds in tandem, I don't know how useful that would be to most people.
DM10(BlueJay)/DM8/iO, SD3; Shure SE215, Simmons DA50, Alto ZMX862, Focusrite Scarlett; Tama SpeedCobra, VF 7AN, Roc-N-Soc;
DIY: Tennis Ball Drum Riser, Cymbal Felt Beater, Footswitch Cymbal Choker[url]

Online Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 07:28:17 PM »
I recently picked up a DM10 Studio kit for our bands rehearsal space, and quickly joined DMDrummer to learn about the kit.  Great information here. 

What's surprising me is the lack of shared kits between DM users.  I expected there to be tons of shared kits between Dm10 users by now.  I've found info on a DMeditor, and downloaded it, but I can't find any shared kits or soundsets.

Some have been shared, but not many.

Is there another website our that I'm missing? 

No.

Did the DM10 module just die off?

Not yet

Did everyone just move over to AD, BFD, SD, ect?

Some have, but most still just use the module.

Seems like Alesis kind of forgot about it as well.   It's been out a while, and only one 3rd party soundset ?

That is true to some extent, but it is still a very active product by Alesis

If anyone knows a resource for sounds, and kits that I'm not aware of, the info would be greatly appreciated.

The best way to get  free kits is for the end user to learn how to program their own. See, the reason you can't find a lot of free kits is because it takes a pretty good ear to make a kit sound good with the built in sounds. The majority of users don't (or can't) make good kits themselves, so its hard to convince the small minority of users that can make custom kits to spend the time to make them just to give them away for free. Sometime custom kits only take a few hours to put together, but sometimes it can take days. That's just the reality of it.

But the biggest issue with sharing kits is you can't import just one kit into the DM10 module. You kind of can with DMeditor, but as cool as DMeditor is, I think many users are still intimidated by it because once they import the DMeditor file into the module they still must name the kit and save it. Alesis really should have made a way to import one kit at a time.

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 07:33:42 PM »
Would a site that facilitated kit creation / sharing be worthwhile, if it supported the ability to charge for kits (would probably need to be done with DMEditor, as you can't really pull kits out of the sysex dumps easily)? Obviously there'd have to be a measure of trust involved, but how does the idea sound on its face?

Also, on a side note... what could be done with DMEditor to make it "friendlier?" Would a better / different UI help? It would obviously help to be able to import kits from the module, and that's still being worked on (just on the backburner now that summer's coming up), but are there any other changes you guys can think of that would make this sort of thing more appealing?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:38:30 PM by Corvidae »

Offline MechanEvil

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 05:14:22 AM »
This is a great idea. Having the ability to share kits between users would really go down well with some of us that would like to spend more time playing than tinkering.
A rating system for kits would be invaluable in that regard, would help people figure out which ones other DMdrummers are using.
DMEditor does sound like the most feasible way to make it happen, Corvidae!

- Reggae Mangle
Warrior poet, guitar vocalist bassist drummer
... and inventor of the three-legged setup

Online Hellfire

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 09:17:05 AM »
Would a site that facilitated kit creation / sharing be worthwhile, if it supported the ability to charge for kits (would probably need to be done with DMEditor, as you can't really pull kits out of the sysex dumps easily)? Obviously there'd have to be a measure of trust involved, but how does the idea sound on its face?

I don't know if it would facilitated kit creation at this point in the life of the module. If it was two years ago maybe. Going the pay route isn't going to be easy. How many users do you think you can get to create "good" new kits for the DM10? You're going to need a way for people to preview the kits before they buy. Who's going to upload the mp3 file for those previews? How much will be charged for each kit and who determines that and how does payout work? I really think the hardest part of the idea is finding the users that can make kits people will want.

Also, on a side note... what could be done with DMEditor to make it "friendlier?" Would a better / different UI help? It would obviously help to be able to import kits from the module, and that's still being worked on (just on the backburner now that summer's coming up), but are there any other changes you guys can think of that would make this sort of thing more appealing?

Please keep in mind that I'm not criticizing DMEditor. I personally think it's perfect the way it is. I would prefer you not really change it much other than being able to use your program on a MAC, but I don't push that because I know the majority of people use a PC. 

Here's the part some are going to hate, heck I don't even like it. I'm more criticizing the drummers. Keep in mind that my next statements are based solely on observations of users to DMdrummer.com since DMEditor has been available.

Most (not all but a good portion) of the drummers that come here don't have the technical skills (or desire) to use a program like DMEditor. Heck, many of them cringe when they have to "edit" an instrument voice on the module itself. It's going to be hard to find users that understand the level of detail necessary to create good new kits when a majority of the users don't even open the manual to understand the way the DM10 works past the jog wheel to change the current kit. Most find it very difficult to alter the internal kit programs. That's why many new users find out about DMEditor, download it, and say "Where are all the FREE kits?". I'm sorry say but the vast majority of the users are in this category.

A look over at Vdrums.com will find the same pattern for Roland drum modules users. A Roland module is much easier to program kits for, but the vast majority don't do it because of the level of detail that's needed. VEX is a group of guys (I believe 3 or 4 guys) that got together to start their own company. The guys over at VEX spend a ton of time making those custom kits and charge accordingly for their efforts.Their site is well done and there are samples to listen to before you purchase. They are so well respected that they don't have much of an issue with users bootlegging their kits.

I just can't see many users in the DM community willing to pay for custom kits. Sure, some would say they are willing, but they are assuming they will be cheap like a ring tones. It's a shame really, because when you decide to do DMeditor I thought the idea of VEXing on the DM line could happen. Now, after seeing the type of questions that are asked and the number of users who talk about there custom kits, I just don't see it happening. Had Alesis went a head with O.S. 2.0 things might have been different. That's just my two cents at this point.

Offline Jermdog

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 10:10:31 AM »
Something else to think about... and I am sure I'm not the only oddball... If you shared a kit, wouldn't all of your triggers need to be plugged into the same ports on the DM10?  Sure the base set up would be covered.  But the Toms might be 3,2,1 instead of 1,2,3 (probably not), but some people have 3 zone vs 2 zone rides, perc 1-4 too.

Granted, for your typical stock kit to typical stock kit, this would work fine.  Anyone that has any more customization (lots of us), it won't work at all.

I shared a kit a while ago.  However, it probably wouldn't work for 99.9% of the other users as I use 2 DM10 modules and a I/O (like I said, I'm an oddball).
Strike Pro, Dm10, Zildjian Gen 16 hats, xhats and garbage cymbals, Kit Toys chinas, crash and splashes, jam dock, mixer, custom 13" tom, alesis, drum workshop and various hardware.

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 10:25:05 AM »
I don't know if it would facilitated kit creation at this point in the life of the module. If it was two years ago maybe. Going the pay route isn't going to be easy. How many users do you think you can get to create "good" new kits for the DM10? You're going to need a way for people to preview the kits before they buy. Who's going to upload the mp3 file for those previews? How much will be charged for each kit and who determines that and how does payout work? I really think the hardest part of the idea is finding the users that can make kits people will want.

I don't know, just thought I'd throw the idea out there. None of those problems are insurmountable, by any means. Getting the actual content is definitely the toughest part, although if there were some sort of a revenue stream, that might get a few people interested.

Was just a thought.

Please keep in mind that I'm not criticizing DMEditor. I personally think it's perfect the way it is. I would prefer you not really change it much other than being able to use your program on a MAC, but I don't push that because I know the majority of people use a PC. 

I might have a solution for this, but it won't be soon (hoping to get some other features in before I see about porting the software to Mac). If I can get them working the way I'm thinking right now, it should work on Linux, too.

Most (not all but a good portion) of the drummers that come here don't have the technical skills (or desire) to use a program like DMEditor. Heck, many of them cringe when they have to "edit" an instrument voice on the module itself. It's going to be hard to find users that understand the level of detail necessary to create good new kits when a majority of the users don't even open the manual to understand the way the DM10 works past the jog wheel to change the current kit. Most find it very difficult to alter the internal kit programs. That's why many new users find out about DMEditor, download it, and say "Where are all the FREE kits?". I'm sorry say but the vast majority of the users are in this category.

I see where you're coming from, but personally, I see it a different way. If people are unable to work on things like kits due to whatever reason (as opposed to unwilling), I see that as a challenge to find a way to make it possible for them. If that's because they don't know how to make ones that sound good, maybe some written tutorials where you walk them through making a halfway decent kit (or even just some instruments), with some suggestions as to how to personalize it / make it a bit better could be invaluable. If it's an interface issue, something like DMEditor where they can get a better grip on the settings could work. Things like this can go a long way if users want to do this, but only if there's something standing in their way. If they just want things to be done for them, then there's not much we can do.

Awkward confession time: I suck at making kits, like "my machine-gunning ancient TD-5 would be better than this kit" level.  This was a major part of the reason I wrote DMEditor in the first place. I thought that if I came up with an easier way to share kits as opposed to full dumps of user's modules, that it might spur other users to share some kits I could use to get started. Fortunately, all I really do is noodle around at home, so having a decent kit isn't as important as those of us who actually gig, but it'd still be nice to have something better than the (somewhat poor) builtin kits.

A look over at Vdrums.com will find the same pattern for Roland drum modules users. A Roland module is much easier to program kits for, but the vast majority don't do it because of the level of detail that's needed. VEX is a group of guys (I believe 3 or 4 guys) that got together to start their own company. The guys over at VEX spend a ton of time making those custom kits and charge accordingly for their efforts.Their site is well done and there are samples to listen to before you purchase. They are so well respected that they don't have much of an issue with users bootlegging their kits.

I just took a look at their "Masters" pack. 13 high-quality kits for $50 is a pretty good deal; not only do you get the kits themselves, but you also get the knowledge of how the kits work and can then apply that to whatever you want to do. I'd buy a fair number of those, if they branched out into Alesis territory.

I just can't see many users in the DM community willing to pay for custom kits. Sure, some would say they are willing, but they are assuming they will be cheap like a ring tones. It's a shame really, because when you decide to do DMeditor I thought the idea of VEXing on the DM line could happen. Now, after seeing the type of questions that are asked and the number of users who talk about there custom kits, I just don't see it happening. Had Alesis went a head with O.S. 2.0 things might have been different. That's just my two cents at this point.

You seem more jaded than I am when it comes to this. Then again, I haven't dealt with this sort of thing here for years like you have (mine is just at work). ;)

Time is valuable, yes. On the other hand, if we could kickstart a subsection of the community that was willing to donate their time to direct education on this section of the module, it could take off. Won't know unless you try (unless you already have and I've managed to miss it for the last two years). ;)

Quote from: Jermdog
Something else to think about... and I am sure I'm not the only oddball... If you shared a kit, wouldn't all of your triggers need to be plugged into the same ports on the DM10?  Sure the base set up would be covered.  But the Toms might be 3,2,1 instead of 1,2,3 (probably not), but some people have 3 zone vs 2 zone rides, perc 1-4 too.

Granted, for your typical stock kit to typical stock kit, this would work fine.  Anyone that has any more customization (lots of us), it won't work at all.

I shared a kit a while ago.  However, it probably wouldn't work for 99.9% of the other users as I use 2 DM10 modules and a I/O (like I said, I'm an oddball).

That depends on where the kits are created. If they're in DMEditor, the instruments can be exported and saved individually, or you could provide the whole module file and let people shuffle things around to match their own kit.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 10:27:43 AM by Corvidae »

Offline MechanEvil

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 10:36:48 AM »
I think hosting the sysex files is all it would take to get an idea like this off the ground. I think there are a lot of guys that could benefit from the experience of some of our senior members that have tweaked sounds that are useable on stage or on a recording. There are a bunch of settings in the DM10 that the average user would never touch, like velocity>pitch and I think with many heads working together, we might come up with some very interesting sounds. Payment can be in kind or in the form of positive rep, might be hard to get people involved otherwise. The Line 6 forums are an interesting example, where they just put up patches, people download them and rate them. We could have sections for "new kits" and "popular kits".

- Reggae Mangle
Warrior poet, guitar vocalist bassist drummer
... and inventor of the three-legged setup

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 02:22:27 PM »
I have been messing with my DM10 for over a year. I am still not completely satisfied with many of my custom kits. I have tweaked a lot of the parameters, but I have not come close  to exploring all of the options (just too many choices and interactions). I do think that I have a perfect snare, hi-hat, bass drum, and ride/bell sound on one of my kits, and everything else is good but not perfect. I also use BFD ECO, and I find that the tom sounds are far better than what is on the DM10. However, the cymbal and snare sounds are not as good as what I have created on my DM10 (but I have not messed with the multitude of BFD ECO parameters) . I am just not ready to put a complete kit out for public consumption, but I would put my snare sound out without any reservations (however I have done the mesh/cone conversion which makes it more specific to a certain kit configuration not to mention amp/headphone variables). I have average computer skills, but I am not willing to spend a great deal of time experimenting with all the options at the expense of playing time. One of the problems is that the DM10 stock configurations are so weak and by the time you get anything approaching acceptable tuned in you are burned out on the whole process and just want to play (you software jockeys being exceptions). I would just like an upload/download and done approach to kit sharing.

I think this has been discussed before, but I don's understand why someone doesn't create a module that has all the quality sounds that you can get from something like BFD ECO and is also just plug and play. I think the discussion involved the cost of producing the hardware/software and the resulting retail price. I would gladly pay big bucks for a module with BFD ECO sounds if it was ALSO plug and play because less time spent on annoying adjustments and more time playing is important to me. An added SD/flash drive interface for downloading/uploading/sharing new kits would make it perfect.

Offline vaikl

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 04:47:29 PM »
Corvidae, an idea for further development of DMEditor could be to internally create "sound character" patches, which could be easily assigned to instruments or complete kits. That means patches with pre-configured parameters that have a specific characteristic, like "wooden", "tinny", "big venue", "tight" or any kind of sound charateristic you could think of.

I've taken a look at the VDrumLib app that is partner of the VEX guys and their Edit menu offers a simple chart view to edit all instruments of a kit in one view, having drop-down menus for the cells. If our DM10 kits/instruments just have one or two of those line edit menus and they only gives you the selection for those characteristics mentioned above, it could be much easier for newbies to select things they want to play around.

It would take some serious work to define such characteristics, but it could be worth for those who don't get the trick when looking at the sheer parameter values.
Just a thought...

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 10:36:10 PM »
I don't see why we couldn't do that, I'd just need details on what presets we wanted to do.

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2013, 06:03:50 PM »
I for one really enjoy using Dmeditor rather than the module interface.  I recognize the issues with sharing kits with different trigger configurations but as I see it, you can always fix what you get (for fee) if your triggers do line up. I personnaly would like to see any kits that anyone could contribute. I would just like to see/hear peoples ideas and see how I can blend them into my kits.  It is tough to build a whole kit in DMEditor and keep it up to date.  I few small tweaks to the module and your kit file is out of date.   So I fully understand the lack of kits to share.
Before I saw the idea above (for sharing effects), I thought sharing instruments would be the way to go but if this idea could be used to "load" an effect or Midi settings without changeing the existing settings, it could be used apply groups of effects or layers to existing sets/instruments.   Such as Zendrumdude's "snare rattle" for layer b with low pass filter on his toms.

If this feature was available (just applying effect without touching the rest of the settings), I would have to wonder if a routine or loop could be created to san through a group of kits and make a global change such as the Dual zone hihat settings (change instruments, and midi settings) or when someone repurposes a trigger.  With access to the first 100 kits would allow a global change mechanism.   Possible?

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2013, 06:30:17 PM »
I for one really enjoy using Dmeditor rather than the module interface.  I recognize the issues with sharing kits with different trigger configurations but as I see it, you can always fix what you get (for fee) if your triggers do line up. I personnaly would like to see any kits that anyone could contribute. I would just like to see/hear peoples ideas and see how I can blend them into my kits.  It is tough to build a whole kit in DMEditor and keep it up to date.  I few small tweaks to the module and your kit file is out of date.   So I fully understand the lack of kits to share.
Before I saw the idea above (for sharing effects), I thought sharing instruments would be the way to go but if this idea could be used to "load" an effect or Midi settings without changeing the existing settings, it could be used apply groups of effects or layers to existing sets/instruments.   Such as Zendrumdude's "snare rattle" for layer b with low pass filter on his toms.

If this feature was available (just applying effect without touching the rest of the settings), I would have to wonder if a routine or loop could be created to san through a group of kits and make a global change such as the Dual zone hihat settings (change instruments, and midi settings) or when someone repurposes a trigger.  With access to the first 100 kits would allow a global change mechanism.   Possible?

Sure. Unfortunately, the settings in this PDF are the only ones we have access to change:

http://www.hellfiredrums.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/DM10_Published_NRPN.pdf

If you guys have a suggestion for "presets" to apply using those, I could probably whip something up real quick for testing to see how it would work in practice. Just let me know.

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2013, 07:20:53 PM »
Cool,

I think a great place to start would be with Zendrumdude's snare rattle.  If we could apply the Piccolo Snare on layer b without upsetting other settings. It could be used as an add on effect. 
From Zendrumdude's post:

Layer B: Piccolo 1
Level 18
Pan L05
Decay 99
Reverb 60
Effects 0
EQ/Comp On
Semitone 0
Fine tune 0
Filter 70
Type HiPass
Vel>decay 0
Vel>filter -99
Vel>level 70
Vel>pitch 0

Another example would be for the setting in Dual Zone Hit Hat. 
Select Kit
HiHat set to midi channel 11
Select Bow Zone Trigger:
Set Intrument to None
Set Midi channel to 11
Set Midi note to 32

Select Edge Zone Trigger:
Set Intrument to None
Set Midi channel to 11
Set Midi note to 46

This is where I could really see the global change tool helping out.
Getting excited...

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 11:10:03 PM »
I can't think of a reason off the top of my head why that can't be done. I'll see what I can do this next week and see what happens. ;)

Offline rhysT

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 04:41:46 PM »
Just sharing some of my preferred instrument sounds in 10 revised DM10 kits with a Excel worksheet of the tweaked parameter settings. The kits are based on most of the DM10 Tom sets with extra sounds over-layed on the snare, kick, cymbals, etc - so it's easy enough to mix a variety of your own kit/instrument combos.

The attached worksheets include numbered lists for all instrument categories to allow the Level and Semitone settings for 12 kits to fit on one A4 page printout. There's also a blank template for noting your own kit parameter settings, that could be useful to share kits via the worksheet or transfer the instrument settings into DMEditor.   

So if you want to add some variety to the standard DM10 kits (without using VSTs or Bluejay) check out the worksheets (in Excel 2003 format) at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/65pa7ulq2qglvq5/Dm10%20Kits%20Revised-4.xls?dl=0

Have fun with the revised kits and I'm interested to try out any other kit/instrument combos.
Btw, if you want to share any kits, just edit the worksheet and save it as an image file:     
- Select the worksheet cells with the data you want to save and Copy them to the clipboard (Ctrl+C).
- Open a graphics editor and Paste the selection into it (Ctrl+V), then save the image as a JPG file.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 04:50:15 AM by rhysT »

Offline rhysT

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 11:29:32 PM »
As most of the DM10 'Electro' kits are fairly useless (imo), I've separated them from the more useful ones in kits 100 to 199 (as shown in the attached list).

With the startup kit set at 100 (in SEQ 00) and Kits 0 to 99 rearranged in the revised order, it allows space for 20+ custom kits (below 99) close to the useful kits above 100. I've included Sequence numbers with their related kits to help keep them together if any of Kits 0 to 99 are rearranged.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:10:02 AM by rhysT »

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 11:34:01 AM »
Much thanks for the effort involved in sharing this information. Creating and presenting this information can be tedious and labor intensive. Most drummers don't have the patience to produce something like this. That is probably why so few share kits.

Offline rhysT

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 12:14:30 AM »
Appreciate the feedback, as the worksheets are some payback for all the useful info gained from the support team here.
At least the worksheets are convenient to print, and the parameter settings can be easily transferred into the DMEditor.
Many of the DM10 kits are just average but I'm up for a challenge, plus it seems like a waste of the module to mainly use it as a trigger IO for VSTIs. 
Btw, I've done a similar revision of the DTX Multi-12: https://www.yamahadtx.com/forum/give-your-multi-12-a-tune-up
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 02:22:09 PM by rhysT »

Offline rhysT

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2015, 09:42:11 PM »
I've revised some preferred DM10 snare drum combos for 10 kits, available in an updated Excel worksheet  (https://www.dropbox.com/s/65pa7ulq2qglvq5/Dm10%20Kits%20Revised-4.xls?dl=0)
It's easy to copy a custom mix of any instruments to a new User kit plus change the instrument sounds on either A/B layer and tweak their settings.
I also included FX Comp settings that mix well with my Pandora effects module (http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=6153.0) or try Rok-1 directly out of the DM10 and tweak other FX options like Reverb and EQ. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 05:01:45 AM by rhysT »

Offline rhysT

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 01:48:51 AM »
DM10 owners can try some revised settings for all kits with my included SysEx file/s. I'm satisfied with most of the kits and they should keep non-VST users entertained while we're waiting for the new Strike module to be available separately.

Some of the DM10 mods/improvements include:
- Startup with Kit#100 and 20+ spare favorite kit slots from #74 to 99 (as shown in the attached list).
- More convenient grouping of the kits with less popular World & Electro kits located between #74-79 and #174-199.
- Sample kits with the 10 available tom sets are included from #80 to 99 (with similar settings as previously shared).
- All of the acoustic sounding kits have a backup copy for convenient tweaking and to create custom kits, by copying separate instruments.
- Revised FX Compression & Reverb settings for more preferred overall kit sounds.
- Most of the original kit instruments have been retained and tweaked with extra sounds added on layer B as required mainly for snares, kicks and ride cymbals. Also many kits have a snare X-stick sound on Tom1/rim and the Kick2 trigger has slightly detuned kick settings.

My current DM10 Mesh kit (All Memory & Trigger) SysEx files are available from: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s4g979xfpic14ok/AADhHzPvGrWXOK1HYPbdBSqga?dl=0 
They are offered as a 'freebie' with some support and I'm intending to provide occasional updates.
Save a backup copy of your current DM10 module (All Memory & Trigger) settings before installing mine, as you will prob'ly want to reinstall your own trigger config settings after you load my All memory file. For more info refer to: http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=993.0
To load the Sysex files (via USB or Midi) the DM10 must be set to MIDI RESTORE mode by holding the module's STORE button while turning it on (refer to O/M p34).
I've included the Elektron-C6 Sysex tool (for Windows & Mac) to simplify file transfer process, with its basic user interface and progress byte count display. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujuut1xrk6wc5ts/Elektron_C6_Users_Manual_0.pdf?dl=0

Fyi, I've kept the Perc 4 original sounds of Conga Hi & Lo as I only use that trigger input for switching between the 'next or previous' kit/s. I'm interested to get any ideas for preferred sounds others have assigned to the head and rim zones.   

Btw, a Pandora effects module (with my revised program settings) adds some extra impact to the kit sounds: http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=6153.0
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:09:13 AM by rhysT »

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2016, 10:08:22 AM »
Much thanks for the effort involved in sharing this information. Creating and presenting this information can be tedious and labor intensive. Most drummers don't have the patience to produce something like this. That is probably why so few share kits.

Absolutely. There's so much amazing work in this thread! Thanks to rhysT and all the others. I'm just starting to check out the kits, but thanks for all your efforts already!
Don't waste time and money. Get your gear and lessons right. http://www.kickstartyourdrumming.com

Offline rhysT

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2016, 10:49:13 PM »
Thanks for the positive feedback and glad to have another edrums contributor join the tribe.
This forum got me interested in the DM10 and eventually buying the mesh heads version, with no regrets so far.
Improving the kits settings is an ongoing project and I'll try to share monthly updates, depending on how many tweaks I've made, mainly to the dual layer snare sounds with dynamic Vel>Pitch fine-tuning.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:51:25 PM by rhysT »

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2016, 02:33:15 PM »
Improving the kits settings is an ongoing project and I'll try to share monthly updates, depending on how many tweaks I've made, mainly to the dual layer snare sounds with dynamic Vel>Pitch fine-tuning.

Cool, I'm definitely interested in future kits of yours!

And by the way, I linked to this whole thread from my newest DM10X review. Feel free to PM me in case you want to check it out.
Don't waste time and money. Get your gear and lessons right. http://www.kickstartyourdrumming.com