Author Topic: what could be causing this?  (Read 1532 times)

what could be causing this?
« on: December 19, 2013, 10:17:59 PM »
whats up everyone, i have had my dm10 studio for a week now and am enjoying playing it...
but yesterday something happened, i was playing for maybe 5min and while hitting the non-choke crash the bass drum and snare cut out until i stopped hitting that crash , but if i played the same pattern on the chokable crash it is fine and doesnt cut out... could it be setting related? or is that pad malfunctioning? i havent messed with any settings yet since the kit didnt have any problems with cross talk .... any suggestions will be appreciated.
also i know this is a electronic kit so im not hitting the pads super hard , and im using zildjian 7A dips for sticks, and a p2002c double pedal with flat felt on kick....

Offline Trondster

Re: what could be causing this?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 07:42:13 AM »
Make sure you have all cables correctly connected.

You might have a too low retrigger on the crash - try setting it to 30 or so.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 07:17:40 AM »
Yeah I went into the trigger settings and it was set at 0 for retrigger so I set it at 20(final setting)... Also the other crash&hats were at 0 so I tweeked those also ,and so far so good... Now I just have to fix the kickstand cause it wobbles horrible ha ha

Offline Khes74

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 03:04:02 PM »
Try either using some foam against the back of the kickpad or use a brick with cloth on it.