Author Topic: Back Drumming After a Long Hiatus  (Read 1238 times)

Back Drumming After a Long Hiatus
« on: September 13, 2019, 09:20:59 AM »
Introductions:

I've been playing drums since I was 8 (that's 50 years ago). I played in different cover bands through high school and college, but not much since. Primarily playing in praise bands for the past 15 years. Moved to Florida last year and I thought I might like to find fellow musicians to jam with and maybe do the occasional gig, so I bought a (slightly) used kit.

I played primarily southern rock in high school, alternative in college, contemporary Christian the past 15 years. My favorite drummer is Richie Hayward of Little Feat (I wish I could play as well as him, RIP). Influences are Lynyrd Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, typical '70s acts like Boston, Kansas, Eagles, BOC, Styx, et. al., B-52's, Talking Heads type stuff in the 80's. I played with a zydeco band in the northeast for a few months and fell in love with BeauSoleil. I love playing blues, funk, rockabilly, everything but speed metal really.

The kit I bought is an Alesis Crimson electronic drum kit with a Simmons DA-50 Drum amp because I play primarily with acoustic guitars at church and hate being in an aquarium. I also play the cajon.

I think the Crimson is a gorgeous kit (better than the Roland I played at my last church), and I look forward to reading tips to make it even better.

Will
Belleview, Florida

Offline Liko

Re: Back Drumming After a Long Hiatus
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 01:34:41 PM »
Welcome.

The aquarium is a good description of it.

See you about ...

Online Hellfire

Re: Back Drumming After a Long Hiatus
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 09:05:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum wsander1!