Author Topic: another DM10 HH pedal question  (Read 2516 times)

another DM10 HH pedal question
« on: September 22, 2010, 10:36:45 PM »
I was wondering if there's a way to set the hi hat in the closed position for when I play my double pedals. I know I can do it with the open-close settings which takes a while, but is there a way to do it with a push of a button or something so I can switch back and forth while playing? Thanks for any info everyone!

Re: another DM10 HH pedal question
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 06:54:17 AM »
hi .
i do not have a real hat pedal ,but i guess the procedure might work .
you will have to get a latch type foot switch (press once -it closes ,press again- it opens)
you will have to wire both the switch jack and the hi hat controller jack together ie tip to tip and sleeve to sleeve .
i would suggest making a small cable with a mono 1/4" jack at one end and two 1/4" mono sockets at the other end.
the switch jack and the jack from the controller are fed to the two sockets ,and the single jack at the other end is inserted into the hi hai control input of the module .
so when the switch is open (not pressed ) the hi hat works as normal and when it is closed (pressed) you should get a closed hat sound .
all the best !!!
alesis DM5,TRIGGER IO,DM10  and lots of DIY stuff !!!

Offline Pier

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 10:28:47 AM »
Maybe the simplest thing to do is to set the sound of a closed hihat to a tom's rim!
Just hit that rim while playing with your double BD pedal...
Or set an external (extra) pad or cymbal pad just for that, if this fits you.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 10:07:55 AM »
I think you can go into the setting so that you can set the hihat's closed setting and when you do just leave the pedal untouched and that would give you the closed sound when it's open.
The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.
-Bill Gates