Author Topic: dm10x mesh ready for showtime  (Read 2128 times)

dm10x mesh ready for showtime
« on: January 28, 2016, 09:04:19 AM »
Here is my new kit, looking all fancy.

Online AlanK

Re: dm10x mesh ready for showtime
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 09:39:28 AM »
Looks awesome!
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 05:35:55 PM »
Ok,  is that a bass drum hoop and skin mounted in front of the kick. I was wanting to do that. Can you explain what you did?
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 08:43:29 AM »
I took 2 black hoops from a 22 inch bass drum and clamped them together with the bass drum lugs with the head in between.  Inside of the back hoop I ran an led light strip.using a clear packing tape (just to see if it would work until I come up with something better).  I wasn't sure how to attach the rim though.  I ended up by loosening the lower cross support and placing the hoops under it.  Turns out the groove between the hoops makes a perfect place for that cross beam to rest.  I settled it into place on top of the hoop with a little pressure and wouldn't you know... I doesn't budge! 

Online AlanK

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 09:04:05 AM »
Great look and quite the interesting mod you've created. And then in the far background is the true "throne" against the wall..looking all regal.. hahaha  perfect
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 10:50:43 AM »
I actually had spent a ton of money on that head (which is a cool transparency head) right before I got the dm10x mesh.  I only had it for 1 show before I ended up getting the Alesis.  It spawned out of my wife being unhappy with me for spending all that money on it and now not using it for gigs!  Pissing your wife off is apparently the mother of invention!!

Online AlanK

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 10:54:25 AM »
Don't I know it.. happy wife, happy life.. I'm lucky mine has no interest in our music gear and never really ventures into the basement past the laundry and washroom and pop fridge.. as long as i don't bug her about spending on manicures or clothing she doesn't get to ask me how much I spend on my gear lol

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 12:06:15 PM »
Momma ain't happy, no one is happy.   :o
We should have a whole section on that topic. :-X

But, yes that head does look pretty awesome. The Pintech Visualite  Flo blue cymbals would complete that kit.  Oh yeah the wife may not like the extra cost of those cymbals.    ???
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:16:21 PM by Drum key »