Laboratory > VST, MIDI, & Recording

Cakewalk + SD3 playback double triggering? - FIXED

(1/2) > >>

iCe:
Hi all,

I got my converted kit up and running. I trigger sounds in Superior Drummer 3 via my DM10 module. I have Cakewalk running and after some fooling around found the settings to record. Now, something weird happens. When i play my kit, SD3 works fine. When i record, i see midi data appearing in the track. When i playback my recording, i get an echo on each en every hit. I did a simple one hit on each quarter note and what i hear back is a flam. I did one hit on each drum; i hear flams again.

It almost seems like Cakewalk is triggering SD3 again with a small amount of latency.

I've looking into several preferences in Cakewalk, SD3, SD3 as plugin and in my DM10 module, but i can't seem to find where i can fix this. Please help  ;D

Chaser:

--- Quote from: iCe on December 19, 2018, 11:54:40 AM ---Hi all,

I got my converted kit up and running. I trigger sounds in Superior Drummer 3 via my DM10 module. I have Cakewalk running and after some fooling around found the settings to record. Now, something weird happens. When i play my kit, SD3 works fine. When i record, i see midi data appearing in the track. When i playback my recording, i get an echo on each en every hit. I did a simple one hit on each quarter note and what i hear back is a flam. I did one hit on each drum; i hear flams again.

It almost seems like Cakewalk is triggering SD3 again with a small amount of latency.

I've looking into several preferences in Cakewalk, SD3, SD3 as plugin and in my DM10 module, but i can't seem to find where i can fix this. Please help  ;D

--- End quote ---

Do you have input/echo on?

Controlling live MIDI playback—MIDI echo

iCe:
Yes, but... when i turn it off i don't hear anything in Cakewalk or see any midinotes being recorded. But when i playback the apparently empty recording, i hear sounds in SD3 being recorded and exactly what i just played  :o

When i turn echo in the preferences menu back on again, i get the midi echo over my recording.

iCe:
I figured out what caused the echo: when i load SD3 in Cakewalk, there is a track that didn't make sense to me. Track 19. I don't know (yet) what it is for, but when i check all channels to record except that one i don't get an echo in my recording. I recorded something and it works like a charm now!

AlanK:
I wonder if you've separated out each of the kitpieces in Cakewalk from your Superior mappings, but track 19 was the original "all in one" track/channel.. so you'd hear the summation of all your individual channels plus the base channel that had everything, giving an echo? Just a theory, Watson...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version