Laboratory > VST, MIDI, & Recording

MIDI mapping help

(1/3) > >>

Hypercaffium:
Hi,
I use my Turbo Mesh kit to control EZdrummer. As you probably know, Turbo Mesh module doesn't allow to do MIDI mapping, so I do that with eDrum MIDI Mapper, which works good. I just take the MIDI notes from EZdrummer and map each component of my set. Like I said it works good, but here's what doesn't work for me:
- if I use the hi-hat pedal as a second bass drum the "splash" of the pedal still triggers a hi-hat and I can't remove it. I've tried both options in eDrum MIDI Mapper (generic pad and hi-hat) but I couldn't make it work.
- some notes just don't work, they seem to trigger something completely different. It happens with tambourine, claps, some crashes, articulations etc. It's odd because the pads are configured correctly.
Do you use the same method?
Thanks for your help.

Hypercaffium:
Bump anyone?

Chaser:

--- Quote from: Hypercaffium on March 27, 2021, 11:58:58 AM ---Hi,
I use my Turbo Mesh kit to control EZdrummer. As you probably know, Turbo Mesh module doesn't allow to do MIDI mapping, so I do that with eDrum MIDI Mapper, which works good. I just take the MIDI notes from EZdrummer and map each component of my set. Like I said it works good, but here's what doesn't work for me:
- if I use the hi-hat pedal as a second bass drum the "splash" of the pedal still triggers a hi-hat and I can't remove it. I've tried both options in eDrum MIDI Mapper (generic pad and hi-hat) but I couldn't make it work.
- some notes just don't work, they seem to trigger something completely different. It happens with tambourine, claps, some crashes, articulations etc. It's odd because the pads are configured correctly.
Thanks for your help.

--- End quote ---

The Turbo/Debut/DM Lite/E-Drum Total are based on the Medeli DD401....they are very limited modules.
The link will provide you with a much more "In-depth" manual
The Alesis user guides don't list the MIDI map so if it is the default Medeli DD401 which is basically STD MIDI mapping.
There is no closed note for the HH  just open/pedal/splash

Kick - 36
Snare - 38
Tom1 - 48
Tom2 - 45
Tom3 - 43
Ride - 51
Crash - 49
HiHat O - 46
HiHat Pedal - 44
Splash - 21

You are using a Hi Hat pedal and the HH Controller cable?
The pedal is a DMHat open/closed switch type a sharp down/up sends the splash note..unchecking the splash in the HH settings doesn't work?
The E-Drum MIDI  Mapper has been around a few years (15..I think people forgot about it).."Switch-type pedals and modules that lack foot notes will still work, but result in more limited functionality."
EZ Drummer 2 MIDI Maps change for each kit..so if you are changing kits you'll need to remap E-Drum MIDI Mapper each time.

Hypercaffium:

--- Quote from: Chaser on March 30, 2021, 10:03:16 AM ---
Thanks for your help.

--- End quote ---

The Turbo/Debut/DM Lite/E-Drum Total are based on the Medeli DD401....they are very limited modules.
The Alesis user guides don't list the MIDI map so if it is the default Medeli DD401 which is basically STD MIDI mapping.

Kick - 36
Snare - 38
Tom1 - 48
Tom2 - 45
Tom3 - 43
Ride - 51
Crash - 49
HiHat O - 46
HiHat Pedal - 44
Splash - 21

The pedal is a DMHat open/closed switch type a sharp down/up sends the splash note..unchecking the splash in the HH settings doesn't work?
The E-Drum MIDI  Mapper has been around a few years (15..I think people forgot about it).."Switch-type pedals and modules that lack foot notes will still work, but result in more limited functionality."
EZ Drummer 2 MIDI Maps change for each kit..so if you are changing kits you'll need to remap E-Drum MIDI Mapper each time.

--- End quote ---
I'll take a look at the manual asap, thanks. Lots of informations here! I'm not expert so I'll try my best to understand what you're saying.
I'm using the original pedal that came with the drums.
I don't know how to unckeck the splash, I guess it must be done in eDrum MIDI mapper?
Honestly, I don't know which tests I should do, but thanks a lot for your help. I'll try something and maybe post some screenshots.

Chaser:

--- Quote from: Hypercaffium on March 30, 2021, 10:30:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: Chaser on March 30, 2021, 10:03:16 AM ---
Thanks for your help.

--- End quote ---

Kick - 36
Snare - 38
Tom1 - 48
Tom2 - 45
Tom3 - 43
Ride - 51
Crash - 49
HiHat O - 46
HiHat Pedal - 44
Splash - 21

--- End quote ---
I'll take a look at the manual asap, thanks. Lots of informations here! I'm not expert so I'll try my best to understand what you're saying.
I'm using the original pedal that came with the drums.
I don't know how to unckeck the splash, I guess it must be done in eDrum MIDI mapper?
Honestly, I don't know which tests I should do, but thanks a lot for your help. I'll try something and maybe post some screenshots.

--- End quote ---

There is a Hi Hat editor in E-drum MIDI mapper..
Here are the links

Online Manual

HiHat Editor

The majority of the modules MIDI  notes are standard...EZ Drummer may have moved them around in some of their maps...one of the biggest complaints about EZ Drummer is the fact the key maps are different on a lot of the kits and there isn't a "User" or Custom keymap so you can build your own..especially for E-drums...You can in SD3.

EZ Drummer like a number of Drum Software was originally intended for keyboard use and DAW/Studio production not E-Drums..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version