Commons > Sight & Sound

Drumless Tracks copyright

<< < (2/2)

Chaser:
It is unfortunate as Imitation used to be considered the highest form of flattery...now the focus is someone might be making a buck off of you through monetizing AD's etc etc.
I remember Prince forced a take down of a Toddler dancing to one of his tunes.
I remember when the sampling wars first started in the 1980's when I had a Studio.

The best you can do without a Performance License is check your video and monetizing options.I went through all this with some local friends/musicians and it depends on the song and the Music Catalog.Some songs you set it to yes and the catalog would simply just start advertisements..some would mute...some would threaten a strike.If you selected no monetizing some had an option to advertise ,sometimes if you had disclaimers and copyright credits everywhere including the video you could get a strike etc removed,eventually too many strikes shuts you down so it's hit and miss.
The bot on youtube analyzes the player so it doesn't matter even if it is "private".
Eventually AI is going to be controlling everything and you'll have to watch for whatever music you have playing even in the background.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version