Commons > Sight & Sound

Tom's Drum Covers

<< < (4/4)

tmk21315:
Nice one, Alan! It's funny you mention that you spliced two cuts together. This cover was no exception, all of mine take several takes to get "right".
Of course I can play it through with the camera off. Idk why I get anxious when the camera is on, lol. Nobody is in the room! I'd fold on stage I'm sure.

But anyways, this one was getting more than frustrating because of the length. And many screw ups at the 6-minute mark were infuriating.
You can still hear some miscues in this one. Never gonna get it perfect and I can live with some mistakes.
I have considered starting to splice versions together. But I feel like it's just faster to try again than to edit two or three videos.
What I am spending some time on is other post-production work. In this video I did only some contrast adjustments and I think it pops much more than the other videos.
I messed around with color grading but ended up just going back to the defaults.

To me, I can hear the original drums in this cover more than any of the others. I'd like to start playing with drumless tracks but 1) this one was hard to find for free and 2) I don't like playing to someone else's cover, just want the original.

tmk21315:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jchRl7NLEA

Adam's Song
blink-182

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version