Commons > Sight & Sound

Happy New Alesis Drummer

<< < (9/10) > >>

Dartanbeck:
Wow! Chaser! Thank you So Much for this invaluable info/guide! I'm even more eager to get one (SMP) now!!!

Dartanbeck:
Here's a video link to the Live Stream Concert we played last night. I'm not overly fond of the mix. This is the first time we sent individual(ish) outputs via the DM10:
Bass - MAIN L
Snare - MAIN R
Toms - AUX L
Cymbals and percussion - AUX R

Oh well. There has been discussion of me going all MIDI using Addictive Drums. As much as the thought thrills me, it also scares the crap out of me!!!

https://www.facebook.com/107462864230783/videos/4328335953906323/

Dartanbeck:
The above video also shows how strange my kit is right now! (even though the B/W image is a standard DM10X Mesh setup)

* Tom 1 is not there - Sample Pad Pro in its place, on a stand
* Ride Cymbal is a Crash cymbal
* Ride cymbal is played via a 12" DM10 drum pad/dual triggerWhen I get the Strike MultiPad, I'll be placing that where the Sample Pad Pro currently resides, which will be relocated to where the Ride cymbal (Drum Pad) is.

Dartanbeck:

--- Quote from: Chaser on June 12, 2020, 11:33:03 PM ---If you missed my earlier post there is also an editor in Beta for the Samplepad...works well,just remove the SD Card add all the samples/build your kits on Mac/PC..currently v5..v6 is almost ready

SamplePad/Pro/Rack/Kit Editor

How to use SamplePad Kit Editor
    Open SamplePad Kit Editor
    Insert your SamplePad SD card into your computer
    Click the "Load SD Card" button and select the root directory of the SD card

This will load any existing samples and kits on the SD card for you to edit. It's generally best to start with a blank SD card, as that allows for better filename organization.

Importing Samples
Imported samples are automatically formatted as appropriate (16bit, 44.1k 8-character wav.)
After importing samples through SamplePad Kit Editor you'll still see the original file name (in the case that its greater than 8 characters) allowing for better, more intuitive sample organization.

Click import samples at the bottom of the sample section
    Select one or more .wav files, or a directory
    If a directory is selected all wav files located within it (or any sub directories) will be imported

Editing a Kit
    Select a kit from the dropdown to edit an existing kit. You can also import a kit from an existing .kit not on the SD card, or create a kit from scratch
    Search through samples on the left, and drag them on to an individual pad to set that pad's sample
    Tweak pad parameters by twisting knobs (click, hold, and drag an icon up and down to adjust values)
    Change mute groups by selecting 1 of 16 possible groups
    Access Layer B sample and velocity parameters by clicking on the dropdown icon on the right

Once you're satisfied, save your kit. Saving it as a new kit will create a new .kit file and not affect the original.
Put it into your SamplePad/Pro/Rack and try it out!

Midi Control
While creating or editing a kit, you can easily test it out by connecting a midi controller to your computer.
Once connected, select a device through the menu Edit > Midi Settings (or Scan for Midi Devices if it does not appear.)
Playing midi notes on the selected device will show you which pad is being played and triggers the sample attached to it.
Triggers are velocity dependent, and layer B is supported.

--- End quote ---
I only use the Sample Pad Pro as pads. I MIDI OUT to my DM10 module, where I assign sounds from there.
The 'scroll right' button on the Sample Pad is getting faulty, however. So I may end up seeing if I can set the first kit the way I use it (User 004 on SD). I tried copying it to the first slot, but can only copy to User files (SD). That being a vital part of my kit right now has me a little nervous. If I can edit the first kit, fear will disappear - for now! LOL
Other thoughts - wondering if CRC Electric Cleaner would work, just blasting it on the edge of the button? Nervous to try that as well! :/

Dartanbeck:
...and now I find myself wondering: If/when I get a Strike MultiPad, will I end up using that as my main controller?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version