Commons > Sight & Sound

Happy New Alesis Drummer

(1/10) > >>

Dartanbeck:
I'm new here, since I've just entered the foray of becoming an Alesis Drummer - and I'm loving it!
Twenty-some gigs in so far and my new DM10X Mesh kit is performing like a real champ!

I love how I can dual layer my sounds. I had a really nice deep bass drum, and a wet, punchy one. Combining them was simple, and my bands love the result! I'm still getting used to the switch from full-on acoustic to full-on electric, but I'm liking the change!

I'm also looking forward to using this kit as my midi controller for scoring my movie soundtracks  ;)

Cheers! I'm glad to have found this forum!!!

Dobly:
You sure you are not Ian Paice from Deep Purple? :)

Dartanbeck:
!!! LOL !!!

Dartanbeck:
My Singer just got me a new TurboSound iX15, a 1,100W powered speaker w/ 15" low end and a nice high end horn. Got a great little app for my Android phone that (via BlueTooth) lets me adjust everything in the menu from the back panel.

Yeah... Now I, too et to feel the thunder!!! Loving this kit!

I'd also like to add that, since I started with this kit (started gigging right away) I've really come to appreciate more and more of the abilities available through the module. I've been tweaking all of the various options regarding sensitivity, cross-talk, threshold, etc., and really fine-tuning how this thing responds.

This forum has been the perfect place for advice. Gigging getting very intense right now, so I'm not here as often as I'd like... but I do Love this place and sneak in for a read as often as I can.

My singer that I keep bringing up owns a sound company. On the Fourth of July this year, we got to experience my thunderous DM10X through the very top-end JBL Sub-Lows (a nice wall of them) and the rest that accompanies all of that. Woah!!!

The more I play these different kinds of gigs, indoor, outdoor, loud, not-so-loud, etc., the more I find myself fine-tuning and learning how amazing this kit really is.

It's SO different from acoustic drums (of course) that, right from the start, I decided to use much lighter sticks to reduce wear-and-tear. It must be working because my kit still looks new after about a year and a half of gigging.

I use Armor All Matte Cleaner wipes on my cymbals to keep them clean and soft. I also use a king-size sheet to cover the kit when I'm not playing, and cases to transport.

I absolutely LOVE playing this thing!

Ellis:

--- Quote from: Dartanbeck on September 04, 2017, 04:12:33 PM ---I'm new here, since I've just entered the foray of becoming an Alesis Drummer - and I'm loving it!
Twenty-some gigs in so far and my new DM10X Mesh kit is performing like a real champ!

I love how I can dual layer my sounds. I had a really nice deep bass drum, and a wet, punchy one. Combining them was simple, and my bands love the result! I'm still getting used to the switch from full-on acoustic to full-on electric, but I'm liking the change!

I'm also looking forward to using this kit as my midi controller for scoring my movie soundtracks  ;)

Cheers! I'm glad to have found this forum!!!

Did you layer the bass voices in the module? Prolly not, I think - I haven’t seen anything like that in my module (yet) but I’m a noob.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version