Commons > Sight & Sound

My Alesis I/O powered kit!

<< < (2/2)

BioBiro:

--- Quote from: audiopat on August 14, 2009, 12:44:26 PM ---I'm curious about you having to bump up the curve on your kick trigger. I'm running BFD 1.5, and I have not got the response right... I like a linear response, but if I choose LIN as my curve I have to either boost the gain of the IO or the output of BFD, which reduces the dynamic range... i'm still trying to find the perfect solution... Tried running a compressor on the channel output in Live 7... Not bad. Anyway, got superior 2 on order to arrive next week sometime:) I'll be interested to see the response.

--- End quote ---

I think you'll enjoy Superior Drummer 2 alot more than BFD. I tried BFD Lite that came with the I/O and found it terrible and hard to customize. I keep the gain at the default '15', but have the curve set to 'Logarithmic 4' to increase the volume (i'm not the most delicate of drummers).

Marc Bergmueller:
BioBiro, could you tell me if you use the midi yoke to join the units because the midi out to midi in of the two I/O's didn't work well?  I didn't look maybe there is no midi in.

Marc Bergmueller:
never mind, no midi in.

BioBiro:

--- Quote from: Marc Bergmueller on August 24, 2009, 10:19:42 PM ---never mind, no midi in.

--- End quote ---

Yep. Gotta use the MIDI Yoke addon for MIDI-OX to merge the ins.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version