Author Topic: Strike module questions  (Read 800 times)

Strike module questions
« on: January 31, 2022, 10:36:19 AM »
Hey everyone, I've had my strike pro SE for about 15 months and love it. I am having an issue with it that I think I've narrowed down to the headset jack. When listening through headphones some kits will work properly, ie. Big Bird. Others will not. Some instruments won't play at all while others will sound distant and echo and others will sound horrible and have a lag and latency to them.

My other question is I have a 32gb SD card I'd like to use to import instruments from SD3. As far as formatting that card can I just copy from stock SD then delete all the stock sounds to make room for SD3 instruments and kits? I'd still have the stock SD for all the original stuff and what I've created and added from other sources.

Offline Chaser

Re: Strike module questions
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 10:24:48 PM »
Hey everyone, I've had my strike pro SE for about 15 months and love it. I am having an issue with it that I think I've narrowed down to the headset jack. When listening through headphones some kits will work properly, ie. Big Bird. Others will not. Some instruments won't play at all while others will sound distant and echo and others will sound horrible and have a lag and latency to them.

My other question is I have a 32gb SD card I'd like to use to import instruments from SD3. As far as formatting that card can I just copy from stock SD then delete all the stock sounds to make room for SD3 instruments and kits? I'd still have the stock SD for all the original stuff and what I've created and added from other sources.

The headphone issue sounds strange..the playback is coming through altered?..delayed..individual instruments not playing
or when they do there is latemcy?Is the same result coming out of the main outputs simultaneously?
There was a headphone low output problem with some of the very early modules..Hellfire had one of those..

I don't know what's happening there unless the SD Card is corrupted/going bad,but the playback should be the same no matter the output..head phones or main/direct outs.

As far as creating your own data base..I presume you are planning to eject/pull the main (micro) SD Card and replace everything.Be carefull removing the card and placing everything..ribbons etc back into place.I have had modules with large ferrite magnites around the ribbons and they are difficult.I am unsure if these were only on earlier modules.
You can do all the formatting/copying on a computer/card reader prior to placing it in the module.
The STRIKE Editor writes location information to the .sin and .skt files.
The deciding factor is where the Samples originate...Samples > Instrument(.sin) > Kit (.skt)...ALL kits become USER KITS.
If the samples originate on the external SD Card..they will have to stay there or the Instrument(.sin) can't find the Samples and the Kit (.skt) won't be able to find the Instrument(.sin).etc and you'll see path not found errors
Same applies when creating with the Samples on the internal SD Card..with one exception..you CAN move the Instruments(.sin) and the Kit(.skt) files from the external SD Card to the Internal SD Card.
Once placed on the internal SD Card they are no longer "USER" Kits and become write protected so when you edit the kits they become User Kits and saved to the External SD Card.
The Key is organization off the module..figure out how you want to organize the samples for the Kits..Genre..Artist..Brand Instrument Brands etc or just a folder for each kit with separate instrument sub-folders before placing it in the module

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 10:30:46 AM »
Yeah whatever is going wrong only seems to happen when I'm using headphones.  I have an amp (strike 12) and don't have any of the above problems and they weren't that way when I got it. I'm wanting to set up a vst setup I. The next couple days so hopefully won't have the same issues...fingers crossed.

Thanks for the SD info.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 11:50:10 AM »
Yeah whatever is going wrong only seems to happen when I'm using headphones.  I have an amp (strike 12) and don't have any of the above problems and they weren't that way when I got it. I'm wanting to set up a vst setup I. The next couple days so hopefully won't have the same issues...fingers crossed.

Thanks for the SD info.

You could try a Factory Reset..don't forget to backup your trigger settings.
You could also Re-install the Firmware if the Factory Reset has No effect as it resets to default settings

Offline AlanK

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 09:59:44 PM »
Maybe a silly and too obvious question, but.. have you tried a different pair of headphones? could be an issue with the plug, or one of the connections to the left or right.. I had weird issues with a 1/4" cable I was using to patch some audio to my mixer, turned out the jack was tight and I hadn't managed to insert the cable in completely.. felt like it, but it wasn't.. all sorts of weirdness ensued.. sometimes I got some sound sometimes nothing..depended on moving the eqpt about which likely caused it to make contact here and there.. just saying.. always try swapping out parts to narrow down the possibilities.. and if you wrote that you did, sorry. Didn't bring my glasses to this computer so, my bad lol
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers