Author Topic: Midi and 3rd party sample setup  (Read 370 times)

Midi and 3rd party sample setup
« on: December 03, 2021, 05:54:12 PM »
So I have my Strike Pro connected to my MacBook and set up in Logic. The connection works fine. I?m testing Steven Slate drums.
Is there a way to output your he audio back through the Strike module? I. Ok have to connect headphone to the MacBook.
Is there a way to use some samples from ssd and some from the Strike module? I would like to add some percussion sounds from the module  to the kit.
I have a ton of other questions about fine tuning the setup but it may be better to start another topic.
Thanks

Offline Chaser

Re: Midi and 3rd party sample setup
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 10:57:36 AM »
So I have my Strike Pro connected to my MacBook and set up in Logic. The connection works fine. I?m testing Steven Slate drums.
Is there a way to output your he audio back through the Strike module? I. Ok have to connect headphone to the MacBook.

USB is for MIDI only.The STRIKE Module doesn't not have Bi-Direction USB audio.You can route audio from the computer you are using through the Aux Input.One thing to watch out for is Apple products especially the cables may have/be TRRS which causes problems with the extra ring..make sure the cable you use to the Aux Input is TRS.
Is there a way to use some samples from ssd and some from the Strike module?

You can combine samples from the Factory Data base and 3rd party samples when building Instruments in the STRIKE Editor.
It s just a matter of placing the Samples in the desired velocity range(s)

For Software/Vst sample use see this Topic:  Loading VSTs on to Strike module

I would like to add some percussion sounds from the module  to the kit.
I have a ton of other questions about fine tuning the setup but it may be better to start another topic.
Thanks

If you mean adding percussion sounds to the module from Vst/Software see post above

EDIT:
Added links
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 12:20:52 PM by Chaser »

Re: Midi and 3rd party sample setup
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 02:21:48 PM »
So in order to add some of the module sounds to a kit with the Ssd samples do you have to extract the sounds from ssd?
Thanks