Author Topic: 3rd party samples sources?  (Read 1674 times)

3rd party samples sources?
« on: November 28, 2021, 03:55:56 PM »
New to this world.  I?m looking primarily for acoustic drum set / cymbal high quality multi velocity samples that work well with the strike pro module.  Thanks.

Re: 3rd party samples sources?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 11:25:16 AM »
New to this world.  I?m looking primarily for acoustic drum set / cymbal high quality multi velocity samples that work well with the strike pro module.  Thanks.
I was hoping to see some responses to this question as well.  :(

Offline Chaser

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 01:00:52 PM »

Welcome to the Forum !
This question has been answered multiple times in the Search (Upper Left)..search for SDSE
The bottom line is there are no websites that have multi-velocity "wav" drum kits specifically for the STRIKE module.
Developers of multi-velocity drum kits use proprietary file formats for their Vst or Standalone software...mainly because of Piracy and those that would make subtle changes to the wav files then market/sell as their own...it happens continuously with Samples packs and One Shots.
There is software available such as Xtractpler or Lustark SDSE which was originally designed for use with the 2Box module and exports/converts wav to dsnd.
The software works as MIDI Automation and taps out /records one long wav file then slices into individual velocity wav files.
Requirements are you own the software you wish to obtain the sounds from and also in the case of SDSE.. a DAW (Reaper).
Then you organize and import into the STRIKE module.If you go with Xtractpler..join/purchase on  KVR Audio ..you will receive downloads for both macOS and Windows , whereas the Xtractpler site you have to purchase individually.
There are very few Developers that have multi-velocity wav kits..one would be Drumwerks.
You will still have to organize and import into the module.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 09:55:56 AM »
Thanks for the reply and the info.

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 07:45:03 PM »

Welcome to the Forum !
This question has been answered multiple times in the Search (Upper Left)..search for SDSE
The bottom line is there are no websites that have multi-velocity "wav" drum kits specifically for the STRIKE module.
Developers of multi-velocity drum kits use proprietary file formats for their Vst or Standalone software...mainly because of Piracy and those that would make subtle changes to the wav files then market/sell as their own...it happens continuously with Samples packs and One Shots.
There is software available such as Xtractpler or Lustark SDSE which was originally designed for use with the 2Box module and exports/converts wav to dsnd.
The software works as MIDI Automation and taps out /records one long wav file then slices into individual velocity wav files.
Requirements are you own the software you wish to obtain the sounds from and also in the case of SDSE.. a DAW (Reaper).
Then you organize and import into the STRIKE module.If you go with Xtractpler..join/purchase on  KVR Audio ..you will receive downloads for both macOS and Windows , whereas the Xtractpler site you have to purchase individually.
There are very few Developers that have multi-velocity wav kits..one would be Drumwerks.
You will still have to organize and import into the module.

Hi, I'm also new to this forum and electronic drums, I'm looking for multi-velocity drum samples (or full kits) to load into the Alesis DM10 MKII Pro. Are you saying it's not possible to add any standard multi-velocity wav file into the DM10 MKII Pro, nor ones from VSTs in DAWs? Why's that? I thought that if they're standard wav files, they're work on pretty much any source? Or do they need to be specially designed wavs for the DM10 MKII Pro?

Where can I find full 3rd party drum kits for the DM10 MKII Pro?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2022, 08:56:35 PM »
Hi, I'm also new to this forum and electronic drums, I'm looking for multi-velocity drum samples (or full kits) to load into the Alesis DM10 MKII Pro. Are you saying it's not possible to add any standard multi-velocity wav file into the DM10 MKII Pro, nor ones from VSTs in DAWs? Why's that? I thought that if they're standard wav files, they're work on pretty much any source? Or do they need to be specially designed wavs for the DM10 MKII Pro?

If you want to tap out the velocities and record separate wav files in a DAW you can.
If you want Multi-velocity (127) wav files from Vst's or Software you need the software and the libraries.
Only certain modules use that many velocities..the DM10 MKII Pro isn't one of them.
Developers don't release  standard wav files in thier software their libraries/expansions etc are proprietary sample containers.Toontrack..FXPansion..Drum Forge..XLN Audio etc..all use different containers and there are multitudes of Drum Kits using the Kontakt engine which have changed over the years so depending on the Kontakt version the library was created with they could be anywhere from ncw,nkc,nkx etc containers etc and single instrument nki or multi nkm.If you are familiar with Kontakt then you can do a Batch export which will dump out unorganized wav files which you'll have to sort , identify the velocities,and in most cases name , resample according to the requirements of the module you are using.

The Kontakt Kits from Analoguedrums came with multi-velocity wav samples but they went out of business during the pandemic which is too bad.I have the complete lineup and all of their samples were from Tape..They used to offer everything.I see there is still a Facebook page but no activity.

Where can I find full 3rd party drum kits for the DM10 MKII Pro?

No one offers anything specifically for the DM10 MKII Pro...the web is full of free one shots samples and some basic kit pieces but you are not going to find Multi-velocity wav "Artist" Kits.
The Drumwerks link I posted above is one of the few offering Multi-velocity wav Kits , but the last I check they are 24 bit so you will have to convert to 16 bit and more than likely trim the tails etc.

The DM10 MKII Pro module has the same importing procedure as previous Samplepad Pro and Sample Rack.
When importing to this module you can only use a maximum of 2 samples (1 per layer A+B) per instrument and are required to set a velocity point during import.
Each sample must be a 16-bit WAV file,It can have a sampling rate of 48, 44.1, 32,22.05, or 11.025 kHz.with a total maximum size of 16MB PER KIT..not per instrument and a Maximum 12 characters for file name.

EDIT:
Added link

DM10 MKII Pro User Guide
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 09:08:18 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2022, 09:10:35 PM »
Hey, thanks for the detailed reply. So additional wav files imported into the DM10 MKII Pro can only have 2 different velocities? Wow, that's a bit limiting possibly! I wonder how many different velocities the samples on the DM10 MKII Pro drum module have.

I was also wondering is it possible to add drum samples from drum VSTs into the Alesis? Several people have suggested I hook it up to a laptop running something like EZ Drummer, Superior Drummer etc via MIDI (or USB midi) and trigger the sounds from these VSTs via the pads on the kit, in order to get better drum sounds. Wouldn't it be easier to just put the drum samples from the VSTs onto a USB memory stick and load them into an electronic kit rather than having to have it hooked up to a laptop, especially for live gigs? Or would this not work, given what you said earlier?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2022, 09:42:48 PM »
Hey, thanks for the detailed reply. So additional wav files imported into the DM10 MKII Pro can only have 2 different velocities? Wow, that's a bit limiting possibly! I wonder how many different velocities the samples on the DM10 MKII Pro drum module have.

These modules like most use "Amplitude"..for the DM10 MKII Pro you set a velocity point which is picking a range 0-60..60-127 or anywhere in between which changes the sample.

I was also wondering is it possible to add drum samples from drum VSTs into the Alesis? Several people have suggested I hook it up to a laptop running something like EZ Drummer, Superior Drummer etc via MIDI (or USB midi) and trigger the sounds from these VSTs via the pads on the kit, in order to get better drum sounds. Wouldn't it be easier to just put the drum samples from the VSTs onto a USB memory stick and load them into an electronic kit rather than having to have it hooked up to a laptop, especially for live gigs? Or would this not work, given what you said earlier?

You are using the module as a MIDI controller/TMI (Trigger to MIDI Interface) to play the libraries.
You can't just (copy) add the samples directly from the Vst or Drum software onto a USB drive..you either create the sample in a DAW and adjust it accordingly for your module..or use the software I posted which eliminates all of the time consuming process.
It works best for modules like the STRIKE or 2Box that can accept 127 wav files per layer..per Instrument.
Take the time..do some research on how the Xtracpler and SDSE software works..Superior Drummer Expansions can be as much as 150GB for just one.
EZ Drummer Expansions are "Lite".. processed versions of some of the Superior Drummer Expansions