Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1193 times)

Hello!
« on: June 26, 2021, 10:29:10 PM »
Hello All,

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.  46 year old guy from Canada, who played acoustic drums as a teenager and into my 20's, then a series of apt's, condo's and then life (marriage, kids) pulled me away from drumming.  Was never very good, but man...did I love to put on my favourite tunes and bang away.

Anyways, eventually you start to have a mid-life crisis and need a new toy - so a Strike Pro Special Edition was the answer. Lots of solid reviews and the value proposition relative to the competition was tough to beat. Wanted the feeling of an acoustic set as much as possible, but with all the benefits of edrums.  I must say...it's a beautiful looking kit.

Just finished the set-up and wiring, almost ready to go.  However, I have one question and it might be dumb...but I can't figure it out.  The wiring is complete.  All drums/cymbals are connected to their appropriate cable.  I have one cable left over "Tom 2" - with a purple label.  It's relatively short and won't reach Tom 2.  Regardless, the Tom 2 drum is already connected to an orange labelled "Tom 2" cable....which matches the other orange-labelled Tom 1/3/4 cables.  I can't figure out what the purple "Tom 2" cable is for? Checked all other drums in case it was mislabeled from the factory, but everything is connected.  I fear the answer will be something obvious I'm missing, but I'm stumped.

Looking forward to engaging with the community and appreciate any help offered.  Will post some pics once everything is set-up!

Thanks.

Offline Chaser

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 10:25:42 AM »
Hello All,

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.  46 year old guy from Canada, who played acoustic drums as a teenager and into my 20's, then a series of apt's, condo's and then life (marriage, kids) pulled me away from drumming.  Was never very good, but man...did I love to put on my favourite tunes and bang away.

Anyways, eventually you start to have a mid-life crisis and need a new toy - so a Strike Pro Special Edition was the answer. Lots of solid reviews and the value proposition relative to the competition was tough to beat. Wanted the feeling of an acoustic set as much as possible, but with all the benefits of edrums.  I must say...it's a beautiful looking kit.

Just finished the set-up and wiring, almost ready to go.  However, I have one question and it might be dumb...but I can't figure it out.  The wiring is complete.  All drums/cymbals are connected to their appropriate cable.  I have one cable left over "Tom 2" - with a purple label.  It's relatively short and won't reach Tom 2.  Regardless, the Tom 2 drum is already connected to an orange labelled "Tom 2" cable....which matches the other orange-labelled Tom 1/3/4 cables.  I can't figure out what the purple "Tom 2" cable is for? Checked all other drums in case it was mislabeled from the factory, but everything is connected.  I fear the answer will be something obvious I'm missing, but I'm stumped.

Looking forward to engaging with the community and appreciate any help offered.  Will post some pics once everything is set-up!

Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum !
All the extras I have from multiple models cable kits are all color coded individually (original DM10 with individual cables to the DB25 type Crimson/II/Command/DM10 MKII Studio..DM10 MKII Pro..etc) and have Tom 2 as purple.
The STRIKE Harnesses didn't color code every individual trigger and had... orange for all the Toms...yellow for all the crashes..green for ride cables.
I don't have an SE Harness and since the cymbals were moved from the posts to the crossbars I don't know if the length changed for any of them..
The extra cable was probably just mistakenly thrown in during packaging..and more than likely from a DM10 kit..

Online AlanK

Re: Hello!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 04:14:40 PM »
hi Bam44! Welcome to the forum.

Wow, we have a similar trajectory.. I played as a teen, then marriage, work and apt living forced me out at about 25.. got back in around 50 and can't believe I let a quarter century go without this fantastic hobby, the fun and inspiration of drumming. Hey, I'm in Ottawa.. whereabouts are you?? Only a handful of us Canucks here in the forum I think.

Alan
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers