Author Topic: Strike pro se without 8in tom  (Read 1330 times)

Strike pro se without 8in tom
« on: December 11, 2019, 03:50:26 PM »
Can you not use the 8in tom and just setup the 10 and 12 up top and the 14 a floor tom ? If so , how dose it look on the monitor ? Also , can I set up the 8 elsewhere and use for a misc , cow bell , gong ect .

Online Hellfire

Re: Strike pro se without 8in tom
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 08:24:19 AM »
Can you not use the 8in tom and just setup the 10 and 12 up top and the 14 a floor tom ? If so , how dose it look on the monitor ? Also , can I set up the 8 elsewhere and use for a misc , cow bell , gong ect .

Hi Mamaluke,

You can use the 8in tom in the setup where ever you want. However, the image in the module is fixed. No drum module that I know of is smart enough to know your layout and dynamically update . All the triggers on the Alesis Strike can use what ever sound you wish to assign to it. Please keep in mind that the cable that comes with the kit may limit the position of the 8in tom in your set-up. If the SE kit is anything like the regular, the 8in tom has a short cable. So if you want it far from the module you will need an extension cable. Or you could swap cables with another trigger.

Hope that helps. Again, welcome to the forum.

Re: Strike pro se without 8in tom
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 07:08:39 PM »
Well , I got the kit and just omitted the 8 . What a fun set .