Author Topic: Custom Sound Sets, Alesis v.s. Pearl, Who will be first!  (Read 17041 times)

Online Hellfire

Re: Custom Sound Sets, Alesis v.s. Pearl, Who will be first!
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2010, 05:13:46 PM »
Has anyone successfully placed an order online there? I've done it 2 days ago (some drumless soundfiles) and i haven't got any reaction. No account infos, no confirmation mails, no downloads  - just nothing, like they are dead or not born yet. But the paypal transaction was running problem-free...  :'(
If I were you I would contact Pearl.

Offline vaikl

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2010, 06:58:58 PM »
If I were you I would contact Pearl.

I did. After starting a paypal dispute action i got an answer today that their paypal option is suspended for some coding reasons. And that there must be some probs with their mail servers. Anyway, i got two soundfiles at no charge. Very good complaint management :-*

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2010, 02:47:45 PM »
I said I'd pop back from time to time!

I can't beleive this is still ongoing and Alesis have not released their custom soundsets. I'm glad I sold my DM10 when I did or I'd have pulled my hair out by now.

I STILL think a thirdparty soundset compiler by BFD or Steven Slate which would allow a sub-set export into a format that could then be uploaded to the DM10 would be a good move. Even if it was not directly marketed for the DM10 to get around potential legal issues. If this was possible I might regret selling my kit.

Good luck

Offline Rev2010

« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2010, 03:40:17 PM »
I can't beleive this is still ongoing and Alesis have not released their custom soundsets. I'm glad I sold my DM10 when I did or I'd have pulled my hair out by now.

Heh, I emailed Dan about that this morning and was told they're working on it but he's not authorized to release any specific info. I understand from his part of course.

I'm not in a rush for the soundsets as we're triggering Superior Drummer 2 with the Metal Foundry expansion - man I couldn't be happier with the sound! Of course though the soundsets would be awesome for when the time comes we play out live. I'm more waiting for a firmware update to fix my unit's complete inability to use dual zone cymbals - only one zone ever triggers and Dan confirmed this on an Alesis kit though it works on Phil's kit for some reason. I have their last update as well.

Rev.